Adcom 555-II and Axiom M50ti - Good Match? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Adcom 555-II and Axiom M50ti - Good Match?

lamepops1
02-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I have an Adcom 555-II Preamp and Amp, and I'm looking for new speakers. I listen to rock, have my stereo in a fairly small room (15' x 15'), and I like it loud. I was looking at the Axiom M50ti - and wondering if they would be a good match for me, or would the Adcom be too much for them? I know that too little power is worse than too much, and I could fuse the speakers to make sure I don't damage them. I'm looking to spend $600-$700. Thoughts?

Geoffcin
02-14-2004, 07:21 PM
I have an Adcom 555-II Preamp and Amp, and I'm looking for new speakers. I listen to rock, have my stereo in a fairly small room (15' x 15'), and I like it loud. I was looking at the Axiom M50ti - and wondering if they would be a good match for me, or would the Adcom be too much for them? I know that too little power is worse than too much, and I could fuse the speakers to make sure I don't damage them. I'm looking to spend $600-$700. Thoughts?

Don't worry at all. Those speakers will be very happy with the power. I'd worry more about your hearing before I'd worry about blowing the speakers!