All Current HD films Cracked/ HD/Blu-Ray [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : All Current HD films Cracked/ HD/Blu-Ray

Groundbeef
02-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Heres a little article from Engadget. It appears a hacker has found the processing key, that allows copy/rips for either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

I'm not smart enough to understand how they did it, but smart enough to know the studios are not going to be happy about it.

Heres the link:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/13/hackers-discover-hd-dvd-and-blu-ray-processing-key-all-hd-t/

kexodusc
02-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Aww man. Nobody saw this coming. I thought fer shure this time it would be uncrackable forever!!

GMichael
02-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Aww man. Nobody saw this coming. I thought fer shure this time it would be uncrackable forever!!

My sarcasm detector just blew up.:sad:

bfalls
02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't start buying your BD burners yet. Sony has had BD+ copy protection in the works for awhile. They're ARccOS team in Austria is also investigating the possibility of a BD copy protection. Unless you enjoy making expensive 25GB coasters you may want to wait.

noddin0ff
02-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Who needs disks? Buy a hard drive!

bfalls
02-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Even utilizing a hard drive attemptig a bit by bit copy could take 12+ hours to complete. With proper copy-protection your time and effort may still result in an unplayable image. Copy protection won't keep the hackers from from ripping encrypted images, which is unlawful BTW, but will stop the average consumer. The time and effort involved is not worth it when DVD are coming down in price. Most often it's DVD renters who attempt to rip rented movies, so the initial cost of renting the movie comes into play. Future efforts will include some type of unique ID on each disc, similar to copy protection on computer games, where only the original disc can be played. My time is too valuable to waste when a DVD can be purchased for les than one hour's work.

Groundbeef
02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
The time and effort involved is not worth it when DVD are coming down in price. Most often it's DVD renters who attempt to rip rented movies, so the initial cost of renting the movie comes into play. Future efforts will include some type of unique ID on each disc, similar to copy protection on computer games, where only the original disc can be played. My time is too valuable to waste when a DVD can be purchased for les than one hour's work.

Not always, for example, I have 3 small kids. They have scratched the hell out of most of their Disney DVD's. Disney wants $8.00 plus shipping for a replacement.

DRM laws legally prevent me from making legitimate copies of them. That is BS.

And it really isn't all that hard to make copies of DVD's. Sooner or later it will be easy to make copies of the next gen DVD.

If the studios and Sony make it too cumbersome for the average consumer to watch a movie the new formats will fail.

Dusty Chalk
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Even utilizing a hard drive attemptig a bit by bit copy could take 12+ hours to complete. With proper copy-protection your time and effort may still result in an unplayable image. Copy protection won't keep the hackers from from ripping encrypted images, which is unlawful BTW, but will stop the average consumer. The time and effort involved is not worth it when DVD are coming down in price. Most often it's DVD renters who attempt to rip rented movies, so the initial cost of renting the movie comes into play. Future efforts will include some type of unique ID on each disc, similar to copy protection on computer games, where only the original disc can be played. My time is too valuable to waste when a DVD can be purchased for les than one hour's work.Where do you get this?

bfalls
02-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Mostly ripping sites and from personal and professional experience. Also Sony had an independent third-party conduct ARccOS testing of their latest DVD encryption using the most popular ripping programs, some in combination with other programs. To date the newest version has only one version of SAW III cracked and only after considerable time and effort. BTW where do you get your info?

Dusty Chalk
02-18-2007, 06:57 AM
No, I mean the 12+ hours part -- the part I highlighted.

bfalls
02-18-2007, 09:43 AM
From the independent ARccOS ripping report. Because of the nature of copy barriers, extra VTSs, navigation utilizing GPRM registers, as well as other methods it's not unusual for ripping to take many hours to complete. Twelve + hours is more than the usual, which is why it's so noteworthy, but not surprising. Check out the ripping sites.

westcott
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
From the independent ARccOS ripping report. Because of the nature of copy barriers, extra VTSs, navigation utilizing GPRM registers, as well as other methods it's not unusual for ripping to take many hours to complete. Twelve + hours is more than the usual, which is why it's so noteworthy, but not surprising. Check out the ripping sites.

Then try this software on for size. Totally different approach and you can buy it today!

ANY DVD (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6114)

bfalls
02-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Any DVD isn't a totally different approach, it's been around forever and is a very good product. It was one of the packages used for testing as well as DVDDecrypter, RipIt4me, DVDClone and seven others of the main decrypting/trancoding/burning packages in different combinations.