House of Cards
Security

What else should I get?

Thanks.

Dave_G

Bernd
02-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Dave,

Used to be into them a loooooong time ago, whilst still living in Berlin. So I guess I prefer their early stuff. Saw them a couple of times too. Very good live. I believe they are still pretty popular in Germany.

Saga - Saga

Images at Twilight

Worlds Apart

Silent Knight

These are the first four releases and worth checking out.

I think I will dust some off and spinn some Saga tonight.

Peace

Bernd:16:

Dusty Chalk
02-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I have:

Heads or Tails 1983
Trust 2006
Network 2004
House of Cards 2001
Security of Illusion? 1993That's rather a strange cross-section of what they've done. Normally, I would second Bernd's advice and tell you to go back and get their early stuff -- at least get Worlds Apart. But considering you like their more recent stuff, I'll tell you that I remember liking The Beginner's Guide to Throwing Shapes and Generation 13. But try to at least check out their first four albums.

Actually, I don't think I've heard anything too recent -- what's it like?

Troy
02-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah, Worlds Apart.

Dave_G
02-12-2007, 10:59 AM
The new stuff I have isn't prog at all really, more just straignt ahead rock with plenty of keyboards and all that. Since I really don't have an in depth knowledge of their history and sound, that's about all I can say about it. None of those I listed really "blow me away" per se, I haven't done any real extended listening though either...

Regards,

Dave

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Dave, you may want to give some of their solo work a try also. Both Michael Sadler and Jim Gilmour have fairly recent solo releases on Progrock Records. It's been a while since I've listened to either, but if memory serves me, I preferred Gilmour's CD over Sadler's.

Gilmour's CD was more fusion, while Sadler's was more straight up rock. You can sample both at www.progrockrecords.com.

nobody
02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Asking if anyone likes Saga is kinda like asking if anyone has a 2" penis. I mean, I'm sure someone does...but it's not the sort of thing anyone likes to admit.

Troy
02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey man, Nobody doesn't like Saga.

Dusty Chalk
02-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Asking if anyone likes Saga is kinda like asking if anyone has a 2" penis. I mean, I'm sure someone does...but it's not the sort of thing anyone likes to admit.Dude, that's just rude. I admitted it (the Saga part, not the 2" penis part). It's not at all like that. Most people don't even know who Saga is, other than "that band from the 80's that did 'On The Loose'".

nobody
02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
You're right...that was very rude...sometimes I just can't help myself.

And, honestly, I didn't mean anything by it other than a crude joke.

3-LockBox
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Asking if anyone likes Saga is kinda like asking if anyone has a 2" penis. I mean, I'm sure someone does...but it's not the sort of thing anyone likes to admit.

So how expensive a sports car do you own :ihih:

jrhymeammo
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey nobody, what is up with you and private parts lately? but have always been curious about the

2" penis. .

joke.

When am I supposed to measure?

Biscuit and Gravy wit a grandma or some nasty All You Can Eat Prime Rib at a strip joint?

Jay da Ra

nobody
02-14-2007, 09:27 AM
So how expensive a sports car do you own :ihih:

Not sure you'd count a '92 Olds as a sports car...but it's pretty sweet.

Swish
02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
You're right...that was very rude...sometimes I just can't help myself.

And, honestly, I didn't mean anything by it other than a crude joke.

And, no, I don't care for Saga, although I don't know much besides "On the Loose", but that was all I needed to know!

Swish