Fishing With John.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fishing With John....

PeruvianSkies
02-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello gang...

Not sure if anyone has ever seen the show FISHING WITH JOHN, but that is not really the point here. The show only had 6 episodes where the main character 'John' went fishing with his celebrity buddies, they were...Dennis Hopper, Matt Dillon, Jim Jarmusch, Tom Waits, and Willem Dafoe. Question is...if you had a chance to make a fishing show and had the chance to put any 6 celebrities still alive today in it...who would you choose and why?

Here are my choices...

JACK NICHOLSON - mainly so we could wear the I'm-so-cool-sunglasses while we sipped on a few brewskies and talked about how awesome it was to work with Stanley Kubrick.

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN - there doesn't need to be much of a reason, it has to be an adventure to do just about anything with this guy! Topics of discussion would include dancing, THE DEAD ZONE, and working with Michael Cimino.

CHUCK NORRIS - easy, he could chop the heck outta a baracudda. Topics of discussion would be WALKER, TEXAS RANGER and ...that's good enough!

GARY BUSEY - ummm, anyone remember that TV show I'M WITH BUSEY? Topics of discussion would include Buddy Holly and DC CAB.

FLORENCE HENDERSON - because even at her age (nearly 73!!) she still kicks butt! Topics of discussion would include Johnny Carson and Robert Reed.

TED NUGENT - beer, ammo, and the NUGE! How could that not be a fun fishing trip? I'm sure he would want to go ice fishing somewhere and we could use explosives on the ice.

noddin0ff
02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Remind me never to go fishing with you! ...maybe Walken....

noddin0ff
02-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Ok, I guess with that comment, I have to play too...plus I'm nearing 1000.

David Letterman
I've always wanted to talk to Dave. He has a house in Montana near what used to be the family farm. Someday I'll go there and wait at the little airport for his helicopter to land with fishing poles in hand.

Drew Barrymore
Could there be anyone more lovely, fun, talkative, and beautiful to have beers with in a small boat?

Tim Robbins & Susan Sarandon
Always respected them for their acting and their intellect.

Uma Thurman
I can't remember not having a crush on Uma. And, she just keeps getting better looking!

Nicole Kidman
I'm not sure if she'd be any fun, but I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to fish with the worlds most beautiful person. Mostly just to see if a person can really be that pretty in real life...while holding a dead fish.

ForeverAutumn
02-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Cool question.

David Bowie and Alice Cooper - I think that they are two of the coolest and most talented people on the planet and it would be an honour to bait their hooks.

Kevin Bacon - I've been in love with Kevin since I was, like, 10 years old. Plus, he just looks like he'd be fun to hang out and drink beer with.

Neil Peart - Maybe not the most fun choice be on a small boat with, but I've always wanted to sit down with Neil and talk about philosophy.

Cybil Sheppard - One of the smartest women in Hollywood IMO. A strong personality who does what she wants and doesn't care what other people think. I admire her.

Paris Hilton - so that I can throw her overboard (I bet Cybil would help!).

PeruvianSkies
02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone for playing along....this should be an interesting thread if we keep it going.

kelsci
02-10-2007, 09:26 AM
It's funny, but I used to go fishing in the New York area 45-55 years ago. I had a 15 foot Glastron Runabout with a 40 HP Evinrude before I hung up the rod. The only fishing show that was on around that time was GADDABOUT GADDIS. I never gave it a thought to have a personality fish with me at that time. I was completely into myself when it came to fishing because I always wanted to catch some kind of world record fish. I think that if I had fished during the 80s, I would have taken my late girlfriend, who although klutzy would have had a good time. If I were fishing today, I would defintely want to take Animal Planets MS. ADVENTURE. She would be nice to have around if the action slowed up....

I once went fishing with a friend at Sanibel Island on the west coast of florida. We were sitting in the boat when I heard this pppssssssssssstttttttttttttt sound. I said to my friend, what's that. I then heard it again. We looked around. Finally I saw what was making the sound. A small whale was swimming up the channel... How's that for a fish story.....