My new HIFI rack came :-) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My new HIFI rack came :-)

Florian
02-08-2007, 06:48 AM
My new HIFI Rack finally came any my first 250 Krell on the weekend if all goes ok.

Here are some pics **now only till June until my Grand computers are fixed**

Once everything is here the system will weigh 3750lbs.....i hope the guy didnt misscalculate

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/P1020140.JPG

JohnMichael
02-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Ahh you have a puppy, so cute.

Florian
02-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Ahh you have a puppy, so cute.

Yep, his name is Basti :)

GMichael
02-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Yo Flo. Nice rack!

Cute puppy too.

basite
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
congrats, nice rack,
and
yes, it's a nice puppy...

but how did you come to that name?

Rock on...
Bert.

icarus
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
NIce rack.. Is that an Ikea lamp haha...

Of course Florian named his dog after Basite.. hahaha

Florian
02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys. The puppy already had this name when i got him from the pet shelter. He is 4 now...and the name fits ;-)

Dusty Chalk
02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I like the way you're both looking at the camera -- almost posed-looking.

And...what kind of rack is that? Looks like marble supports...

stimuli
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
the WAF score of that setup is like -2,056!

PeruvianSkies
02-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey Flo...months ago when you said that you would not really be around on this site anymore since you were 'above' the rest of us...I knew you couldn't resist sticking around and showing off your stuff, but at least you are being nice to people when you post, so keep that up!

Florian
02-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Dear PeruvianSkies (http://forums.audioreview.com/member.php?u=256688),

and you still dont get it. Thats ok tough.

Cheers

PS: The Rack is made out of Marble.

Feanor
02-09-2007, 04:32 AM
My new HIFI Rack finally came any my first 250 Krell on the weekend if all goes ok.

Here are some pics **now only till June until my Grand computers are fixed**

Once everything is here the system will weigh 3750lbs.....i hope the guy didnt misscalculate

Florian,

You system is exemplary to me even though much more than what I could aspire to.

I respect an audiophile who isn't such a purist that he won't acknowledge the benefit of digital processing. I possed the question on another forum whether analog to 24/96 to analog was essentially transparent to human hearing assuming SOTA processing. The responses were mostly distainful though a couple allow that there could be a net benefit under some circumstances. One suggested maybe 32/384 might be close enough.

OH! And you'll love this: Jon Risch, an AA Bored member, declared that TacT RCS 2.2 XP was "mid-fi". Gosh!! I guess you'll be looking for an upgrade straight away. :smilewinkgrin:

Florian
02-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Thank you!

I am no fan of "purist audiophile" stuff and dont believe in magic stones and african trees that bring down the noise floor. I am technical guy and one of the reason why i bought my speaker is the digital porcessing and the no bull**** aproach to speaker design. Also the Tact 2.2XP is an incredible product once you know how to use it, maybe Jon doesnt :-)

The Tact doesnt have a "signature sound" as opposed all other High End products and will give you the sound from the recording or any way you like your responce to be. I am enjoying a lot of it. But i do find the 88.2KHz sampling rate nicer to listen to instead of 192KHz so maybe there is something going on here.

Cheers

Dusty Chalk
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
The Rack is made out of Marble.I mean, what brand is it?

Florian
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I mean, what brand is it?

No brand. It was handmade by a marble cutting company in Italy. The Marble comes out of the Garda lake in Italy and a local company cut it, polished and refined the edges. No brand name here.

Dusty Chalk
02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice!

Florian
02-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Yep :-)

Here its again with all 5 bases

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/P1020152.JPG

recchi
02-09-2007, 05:20 PM
That is quit an impressive system for sure. What are your musical tastes? And, have you ever felt like you were overdoing it on your system?:6:

bobsticks
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Beautiful rack, Flo. There has been some pretty impressive progress since day one. Top notch stuff and I imagine it sounds overwhelmingly good.

PeruvianSkies
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
You're right Flo...I just dont' get it. I don't understand how someone who could have what you have could also be so ignorant. Honestly without this site in your life it would seem that you would not have any satisfaction in your life since you seem to get all of your self worth out of people being impressed with what you have. You don't seem to care for me just because I don't drool all over your gear.

Dusty Chalk
02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
You do realize that that's all we talk about here? I mean, if one were to meet someone on a golf site, and all they talked about was golf, one might think that all they cared about was golf, but then when you meet that person in real life, you find out they care about all the other things in life as well -- drinking, sex, laughing, watching television, etc., but they just don't talk about it on the golf site because...well, it isn't golf.

Florian
02-10-2007, 03:17 AM
You're right Flo...I just dont' get it. I don't understand how someone who could have what you have could also be so ignorant. Honestly without this site in your life it would seem that you would not have any satisfaction in your life since you seem to get all of your self worth out of people being impressed with what you have. You don't seem to care for me just because I don't drool all over your gear.
And i am glad you dont drool over my gear but even if you did, i couldnt care less. To me your a few dead pixels on the screen. Enjoy your system.

I drool over some stuff in here, like a new House GM is building.

Florian
02-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Thanks a lot guys! :-) Ill write more later.

Cheers

basite
02-10-2007, 03:49 AM
actually,
this sucks,

the more I look at your rack, the more I want it, should be a huge improvement compared to how I have my gear set up now...

Rock on...
Bert.

KaiWinters
02-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Beautiful rack.
Are the columns marble as well? Are they threaded? How are the marble slabs attached? The photo shows some sort of a bolt sticking out of the top shelf. Is that for more shelves as needed/wanted? Are you going to cap them or just leave them as they are. Looks unfinished the way it is but absolutely gorgeous. Marble is a great material.

Florian
02-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Beautiful rack.
Are the columns marble as well? Are they threaded? How are the marble slabs attached? The photo shows some sort of a bolt sticking out of the top shelf. Is that for more shelves as needed/wanted? Are you going to cap them or just leave them as they are. Looks unfinished the way it is but absolutely gorgeous. Marble is a great material.

Many questions ;-)

1. The columns are black marble, yes.
2. They are threaded
3. The slaps rest on rubber seperation discs on the columns.
4. The bolt will be covered by golden pyramids once done

I am still switching between 4 and 5 shelves. Will see what future addons bring.

Cheers

jrhymeammo
02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Very nice.

One question.

Are you sporting a crooked bulge? Very Nice. LOL.

Florian
02-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Very nice.

One question.

Are you sporting a crooked bulge? Very Nice. LOL.

This is the first time where my english is not sufficent to understand the joke. LOL

calegrant
02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
To each his own...but this kind of system just doesn't appeal to me and yes I've listened to similar set ups. My B&W 601's in a 10x12 room with my amp sitting on a particleboard stand take me away. It's not the stereo you listen to guys, its the music. Cease with the ruckus!:(

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/clgrnt/HT.jpg

Comments, criticism, ridecule? Not sure how well this is set up but I literally have 120sq/ft for my 2-channel and HT.

Florian
02-10-2007, 07:23 PM
To each his own...but this kind of system just doesn't appeal to me and yes I've listened to similar set ups. My B&W 601's in a 10x12 room with my amp sitting on a particleboard stand take me away. It's not the stereo you listen to guys, its the music. Cease with the ruckus!:(

If your willing to share with me the similar systems you have heard, and especially the location of the other 3 pair that exist in the United States then please share with me. I will buy a second pair faster then you can type a reply in this thread, if Joe doesnt buy them before me.

I am glad you like your 602's but to argue about the "music" is pointless, or do you believe i spend over 100K and do NOT listen to music? The perfection of reproduction of the Music is key to this hobby for me.

audio_dude
02-10-2007, 07:33 PM
calegrant, sure, you can sit and enjoy your music, but to tell off flo because he spends more money on his stereo? thats just suicide!
I bet if you heard flo's system, you'd never be able to listen to your own again.

now, you think he doesn't enjoy his music?

go away noob...

calegrant
02-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Dude if you understood what I was writing you would realize I wasn't making an attack towards you, more so towards those criticizing you.

I feel sorry if only perfection appeals to you but many of us don't require that. You're ignorant as hell if you think people can only enjoy systems like yours. I guarantee that I've gotten just as much enjoyment out of my $50 dollar walkman I had a teen as you have from your 100k set-up.

Apparently you two are so used to people instigating arguements you think I'm just here to do the same. I didn't mean anything negative towards him in my original post yet he took it that way for whatever reason. Yes I'm a noob to the techincal aspects of reproducing music but I'm not a noob to listening to it.

I really feel sorry for people like you, the cookies on it's way.

Florian
02-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Dear NEW member,

lets not get off on the wrong foot. I am happy for you and your enjoyment but first lets get some things straight. The chance that you have heard my speaker is pretty much ZERO, if not Absolute ZERO. And to argue, or even compare a 500$ speaker (not putting it down) to a system costing today aprox. 250K is morronic. Its not even anywhere near the same ballpark. Its not even the same sport! Do you really believe i would buy this system, wait over half a year for my technician to fix the board computers, drive hundreds if not thousands of miles across Europe to get them in a 3.5 Ton truck if i didnt like music?

Think about

PS: Your argument that i asume someone can only enjoy music on a system like mine is stupid and false. These are not my thoughts or feelings.

Florian
02-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Age 19, Mover, B&W 325, Bedroom System and your an expert at listening?

Dude...... this thread is DEAD now

calegrant
02-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Wrong foot yes, I didn't mean to attack your decision to spend that kind of money on audio gear. In fact my first words were meant to signify this but it was lost on you.

In response to your last post if you dug deeper you'd realize I joined this forum well over a year ago when I was just getting out of High school, don't even try to attack what I do for a living. I'm working part time yes, but I'm also studying architectural science at BCIT with the prospects based on my grades to continue much further and obtain my masters. Do you really think you can judge someone based soley upon a description on an online forum?

If I'm such a joke then why is it that you've put any amount of time telling me this? Go listen to your speakers some more or do something worthwhile with the money. You may be an expert when it comes to home audio but I think it's evident you're a complete and utter moron when it comes to life. Stop trying to use the negative sides of me to in some way make yourself feel better. It's sad really.

edit~ thank the good people who designed this forum for ignore lists

SlumpBuster
02-10-2007, 07:56 PM
This is the first time where my english is not sufficent to understand the joke. LOL

My english is sufficient. FYI J-Murda, they're all about commando style in Europe.

As to the remainder of the thread, people hatin' on Flo is getting to be tiring.

Florian
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Noone is atacking you based on your job. I am attacking you because you asume i belive that someone can not enjoy music as on their system as i do on mine based on price. And you are saying that, not me.

I am calling you a NOOB and i am saying that you are nowhere near any position to judge my system and my effort going in to it based on the threads you have started like....

Can I run a sub? (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14360)

or

Settlement cheque, time to buy speakers! (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14778)

or

New to high end audio.. (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=19827)

You are wandering to someone who has dedicated most of his teenage live and worked his ass off to buy one of the most exotic and rare speakers ever build on this earth and argue with him over the wrongly asuming fact that he doesnt believe music can be enjoyed on a smaller system? Have you lost your mind?

This is a few leagues to high for you, now get outta my thread before the whole ballpark laughs at you.

Just so you know, i am writing to you because this is the most amusing reply i have gotten since Spanking Vanilla Ice, altough you seem to be on the same level of intelligence as him. And in case this comment

"Go listen to your speakers some more or do something worthwhile with the money."

is supposed to make me think then you failed again. I am comfortable with my Hobby and my financial abilities. Are you?

Florian
02-10-2007, 08:08 PM
My english is sufficient. FYI J-Murda, they're all about commando style in Europe.

As to the remainder of the thread, people hatin' on Flo is getting to be tiring.

Thanks buddy,

its been a while and we where all comfortable and i could share my passion just like everyone else. But its typical for me to get attacked based on the financial abilites. A true pitty! If these morrons knew how many beginners i have helped and still do, with their room acoustics, speaker choices etc...

calegrant
02-10-2007, 08:13 PM
These morons? I came into this thread without attacking you yet you act like a child and start an argument for no apparent reason. You're like the fat kid on the school yard who has to pick on the smaller ones just to make himself feel better. Sorry but while you were spending so much time to aquire meaningless material possessions I was working towards a future and learning about life. Apparently you missed a few classes, must have had to go home early. Being high on the smell of of your own **** can do that to a person.

SlumpBuster
02-10-2007, 08:14 PM
one of the most exotic and rare speakers ever build on this earth

Ahh, but not the most exotic and rare. If you truely loved music as you say you do, you would have the most exotic and rare. Don't bother coming back until you get serious about this hobby Flo!

They really need to invent a sarcasm font.

Florian
02-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Ahh, but not the most exotic and rare. If you truely loved music as you say you do, you would have the most exotic and rare. Don't bother coming back until you get serious about this hobby Flo!

They really need to invent a sarcasm font.

LOOOL.....Well actually "for me" it is the most exotic BUT i would also take a Perigee Definitive, The new MBL Reference or the big Soundlabs Quad Pro or the likes...... Tasty stuff :-)

But those are not meant to be for music anyways, only arrogant snobs buy that stuff and they dont listen to music.

Flo

Dusty Chalk
02-11-2007, 02:11 AM

Comments, criticism, ridicule? Yeah -- get the crap off the speakers.

calegrant
02-11-2007, 02:33 AM
The crap is off the speakers and on the Athenas. The B&W's and components are dusted daily while the floor speakers were purchased for parties and have been treated as such.

Feanor
02-11-2007, 04:10 AM
These morons? I came into this thread without attacking you yet you act like a child and start an argument for no apparent reason. You're like the fat kid on the school yard who has to pick on the smaller ones just to make himself feel better. Sorry but while you were spending so much time to aquire meaningless material possessions I was working towards a future and learning about life. Apparently you missed a few classes, must have had to go home early. Being high on the smell of of your own **** can do that to a person.

Methinks as well that you are about as young as Florian -- am I wrong? What would be my clue? You have no grounds to accuse Flo of not loving music, and I see you're not above bragging about your car.

Flo is indeed an equipment snob and sometimes distainful of the unitiated amoung audio enthusiasts. But he has also undoubtedly done what he says, viz. "dedicated most of my teenage life and worked his @ss off" to obtain what he has. Those of maturity among us here, (regardless of age), respect that dedication. And admire his system though we aspire to nothing so lofty.

MikeyBC
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
The perfection of reproduction of the Music is key to this hobby for me.

Finally someone said it ! This goes for me too...I hate opera and country music but if i hear a recording thats very well done and sounds fantastic on my system (I can only imagine Flo's) then I'll spend all night listening to opera....thats what high end is all about...getting closer to the "real thing" thats what i enjoy about this hobby. I cant enjoy music until it sounds like music...not a crappy low-fi stereo.

Oh, by the way..Flo, I love your stereo rack, I've been wanting to build my own someday and this gives me a good clue of what i'd like, but with dark shelves and light pillars.

GMichael
02-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Comments, criticism, ridecule? Not sure how well this is set up but I literally have 120sq/ft for my 2-channel and HT.

Was this a joke? I like funny stuff, but I don't get this one.

Don't cease the ruckus Flo. We (or at least I) enjoy reading about and seeing your upgrades, as well as anyone else's.

Florian
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks you two, i will continue to post my upgrades. The next one should come here this weekend, a new Krell KSA 250 matched to the Grands. Hope all will go well :-)

calegrant
02-12-2007, 04:06 PM
That's sad, I make a comment without attacking anyone and now I'm bombarded with insults that weren't justified. I don't claim to know anything much about hifi set-ups but I do know a little thing about life and how your words reflect your true colors and florian's is a toasty shade of dog **** brown. Maybe you shouldn't have worried about saving for that system of yours and focused more on learning how to associate with others on a respectable level.

GMichael
02-13-2007, 06:18 AM
That's sad, I make a comment without attacking anyone and now I'm bombarded with insults that weren't justified. I don't claim to know anything much about hifi set-ups but I do know a little thing about life and how your words reflect your true colors and florian's is a toasty shade of dog **** brown. Maybe you shouldn't have worried about saving for that system of yours and focused more on learning how to associate with others on a respectable level.

I don't recall insulting you. All I said was that I didn't get your joke and that Flo should continue to post his upgrades. But your post here is clearly an attack.
Maybe you should read your words above, "focused more on learning how to associate with others on a respectable level." Now, please live by them.

Resident Loser
02-13-2007, 06:49 AM
...know my opinion re: Flo...It seems as though some folks have forgotten his haughty, half-fast attitude towards those who do not elect, or simply cannot afford, to spend the equivalent of the GNP of some developing countries on a music playback system...or that part of his expenditures were subsidized by his still living at home with his folks whilst most of us must contend with the realities of life...or his condescending sigs, or simply bypassing some components in his Xovers and proclaiming his genius for electronics, etc. Some of you eat it up, which only fuels his egoistical notions of self-importance. Part of the problem or part of the solution?

OTOH, some people see through the glitz and cr@pola...That way down, deep inside he still puts out the vibe of being "better" than everyone else, and from time to time someone will call him on that attitude...

jimHJJ(...I know I will...)

P.S. Yeah, I'm still spellin' der fuhrer's name the way I choose to, cuz I know you like it so...

Florian
02-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Now lets ee, i am 23 years old, am a webdesigner, live in a nice apartment, work and wait over a year to complete and audio system....what on earth is wrong with that?

I dont elevate myself to any level, but those who see and like what i have elevate me to this level. I said many many times that my first system was a small Onkyo Receiver and Infinity speakers. I have no problem with those who dont want or can afford a higher end audio system. I just dont like those that hate on me because they cannot afford what i have. Or those that "think" they can judge my system and come up with the conclusion that its not to their liking without ever having seen one.

-Flo

GMichael
02-13-2007, 07:07 AM
...know my opinion re: Flo...It seems as though some folks have forgotten his haughty, half-fast attitude towards those who do not elect, or simply cannot afford, to spend the equivalent of the GNP of some developing countries on a music playback system...or that part of his expenditures were subsidized by his still living at home with his folks whilst most of us must contend with the realities of life...or his condescending sigs, or simply bypassing some components in his Xovers and proclaiming his genius for electronics, etc. Some of you eat it up, which only fuels his egoistical notions of self-importance. Part of the problem or part of the solution?

OTOH, some people see through the glitz and cr@pola...That way down, deep inside he still puts out the vibe of being "better" than everyone else, and from time to time someone will call him on that attitude...

jimHJJ(...I know I will...)

P.S. Yeah, I'm still spellin' der fuhrer's name the way I choose to, cuz I know you like it so...

Haven't forgotten. But Flo has been growing and learning how not to argue. I award him points for his efforts.

Resident Loser
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
...is his arguing (or lack thereof) actually the point? The attitude my comments are directed at are statements like these that typify the mindset:

...I dont elevate myself to any level, but those who see and like what i have elevate me to this level...

...I just dont like those that hate on me because they cannot afford what i have...

Talk about delusions of grandeur...Those who elevate him??? He wallows in perceived adulation and enjoys it with relish...

And he still doesn't get it...Nixon had some comments when questioned about his "hating the press"...some may remember his response...Hate him because of the gear he owns? Sure, some less well-grounded folks may covet his things...might even be jealous...His idea that anyone with an opposing POV begrudges him his toys is ludicrous...His things, his possessions are meaningless...it's the nose-in-the-air attitude that he still exudes (as exemplified by the above quotes) that is his problem...

jimHJJ(...BTW Tricky Dick's response: Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects...)

GMichael
02-13-2007, 09:01 AM
...is his arguing (or lack thereof) actually the point? The attitude my comments are directed at are statements like these that typify the mindset:

It is to me. It shows that he understands his problem and is making progress. Some people like to attack him based on things he said to them months or years ago. It may be time to let it go.

Talk about delusions of grandeur...Those who elevate him??? He wallows in perceived adulation and enjoys it with relish...

Seems ok to me. I don't think he's running for sainthood or anything. But don't worry. I think your pretty great too.:ihih:

And he still doesn't get it...Nixon had some comments when questioned about his "hating the press"...some may remember his response...Hate him because of the gear he owns? Sure, some less well-grounded folks may covet his things...might even be jealous...His idea that anyone with an opposing POV begrudges him his toys is ludicrous...His things, his possessions are meaningless...it's the nose-in-the-air attitude that he still exudes (as exemplified by the above quotes) that is his problem...

jimHJJ(...BTW Tricky Dick's response: Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects...)

He's trying to get it. And he's getting better. Doesn't that count for anything?
He's well over 6 feet tall. He most likely grew up with all the other kids looking up to him. Hard not to build up some kind of G.d complex along the way. He's getting grounded at his own pace.
His quotes above came after someone took a left handed stab at him. Should he not respond in kind?

Resident Loser
02-13-2007, 10:18 AM
...I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one...after reviewing the entire thread yet again, all I saw was someone saying what's the hubbub and then getting it from all sides...

Did he (calegrant) have to say anything? No, not really...he simply chose to do so and got grief for it...I mostly avoid FLO's missives for reasons I expressed earlier...And while I don't subscribe to the philosophy of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" I can commiserate with his POV and chose to provide some moral support.

Like it says in that book, the leopard doesn't change his spots...and Lord (Magnepan) knows it...

jimHJJ(...and you can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits...)

GMichael
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
...I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one

OK :17:

blackraven
02-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Sheesh, you guys are taking this way too seriously and need to get a life.

Hey Flo, I love your system and would love to hear it. Wish I had the time and money to do something comparable but I have several other money sucking hobbies- a boat, saltwater reef tank, remote control planes to name a few and a kid in college.

bobsticks
02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Has a thread about a rack ever received so many hits?

I gotta side with FloJO on this one. The implications of the post in question were, frankly, kinda snotty second-thought backpeddling aside. Whatever. Great rack.

Moving on...

blackraven
02-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I want to see a real rack, something in a 36-38D

Carl Reid
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM

This original post may not be intended to be an attack but I can easily see how someone could take it to be one...

Also

Flo, didn't immediately attack you for this post... he just called you out on one very unlikely statement that you made

yes I've listened to similar set ups

Now I know absolutely NOTHING about you, but If I had to bet, I'd say that the odds that you've heard a similar setup to what Flo has are ridiculously low.... Just based on how rare and expensive a pair of apogee grands are....

Because you are new, I'd assume that you probably heard a big and expensive set-up and thought it qualifies as a "similar setup".... To use my usual car analogies... it's like saying that since you rode in a friend's corvette, it's "similar" to a Limited Edition $1M Lambourghini (with only 12 ever made).... Unless you've actually tried both the Corvette and The Lambo, there really is no basis for that comparision just a huge assumption...

Now please don't take my comments as an attack on you... I'm not supporting anyone in this thread.... I'm just trying to point out that a thread about an audio rack has become uncivil for no real reason... maybe just a few misunderstandings...

@ Flo - Cool rack....

GMichael
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
I want to see a real rack, something in a 36-38D

Maybe Shockhead will post for us.

Florian
02-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks Carl!

:6:

Resident Loser
02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
...somebody send Flo a case of Chap-stik...with all the @$$-kissin' goin' on I'm certain he'll need a soothing balm...

I hate to take it to another level but, some folks really ougtha' forgo the next gear upgrade in favor of some remedial reading courses...Everyone been blinded by the near-beatific vision of quarter mil loudspeakers?...Has anyone actually read some of our Teutonic friend's responses to Peruvian Skies or calegrant? Things like "...you are dead pixels to me..." and all because some of us refuse to kiss his ring? I further suggest any further remarks re: civility be targeted at the proper party(ies)...

And it's impossible that anyone, anywhere may have been in the presence of a similar over-the-top system? Maybe some Wilson Audio or other limited production units from manufacturers who cater to the carriage trade? Do they only sell Krell in Bavaria? And BTW I hate to burst the bubble, but most marble comes from Italy and has for quite some time, so don't be all that impressed...there are any number of stone-cutters etc. who can cut and polish to spec...produce the green and it's yours for the asking.

And yeah, I agree that you don't have to throw money at the audio gods to enjoy the music...As I've said previously, you can get well over 90% of the fi for less than a grand and my GPX CDP ($7 after rebate) and modded $6 SONY 'phones do an admirable job for around one hundredth of that...

And...we're all stuck with the same software...a bombastic presentation of cr@p doesn't change what it is...

jimHJJ(...now pardon me, Pavarotti's gonna' sing Nessun Dorma through my mono GE radio...)

Dusty Chalk
02-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I want to see a real rack, something in a 36-38D...and not marble...
Maybe Shockhead will post for us.Why shockhead? And I presume you mean shokhead...

GMichael
02-15-2007, 05:58 AM
...and not marble...Why shockhead? And I presume you mean shokhead...

Oops, I'm lukie to spel mikee rite.

Have you seen his avitar? Now, THAT'S a nice rack!

AmpItUP
02-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Whoa, this is an impressive HIFI rack!

PeruvianSkies
02-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Marble from Italy...yeah, that's like saying I got a really nice watch from Switzerland.

Hey Resident Loser...you like my Avatar???

Florian
02-27-2007, 01:53 AM
Whoa, this is an impressive HIFI rack!

Thank you

hydroman
02-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous. The rack is beautiful.

Good on ya'! :thumbsup:

I bet it sounds tremendous.

Dusty Chalk
02-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I would think Florian would like Corian.

...and drives a DeLorean...

GMichael
02-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I would think Florian would like Corian.

Quarts is better.:ihih: