What to do when work has you stressed [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What to do when work has you stressed

Rock789
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
order some pizza, grab a beer (or several), and enjoy an hour (or more) of good tunes!

been working 11 or more hours/day the past couple weeks, so tonight I did the above, and I feel great!!!

I am sure you all do the same, so to what do you guys listen when in a stressed situation?

I had an interesting mix...
Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt, Links 2 3 4, & Sonne (from Mutter CD)
Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter (from Definitive Collection CD)
Heart - These Dreams & Alone (from Alive in Seattle SACD)
The Cars - You Might Think, Drive, & Magic (from Complete Greatest Hits)

are bangles or the cars on sacd?
btw, if you guys like live multichannel SACD's, Alive in Seattle is very good! (of course if you like Heart that is...)

icarus
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
The albums/songs that help me to relax would be:

Smashing pumpkins- Rotten Apples album (Disarm, Today, Tonight tonight, 1979, perfect)
System of a Down- Toxicity album (Aerials)
A perfect Circle- Mer De Nom (three libras)
BB King-The ultimate Collection (THe thrill is gone, three o'clock blues)
Def Leppard- The Vault (pour some sugar on me, Love bites)
Danko Jones- Sleep is the enemy (first date)

And to wash it all down a chec beer.

Dusty Chalk
02-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Bangles is available on SACD (Greatest Hits); The Cars, nyet.

Do you want to know something funny? I've been taking 5-HTP to help me sleep, because I thought it didn't have side effects. I tried not taking it for a couple days, and I've been waking up more refreshed and less groggy. So I've just been concentrating on "natural" relaxation techniques (you know, like yoga -- tense a muscle, then relax, isolate a different muscle & repeat).

blackraven
02-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Sex, Music and Alcohol :6:

icarus
02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Sex, Music and Alcohol :6:

Said like a true musician, truly cannot be simplified any better.

Florian
02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Fullrange System, Manowar Warriors of the World, Aprox. 110db, Add 8db below 40Hz, take a beer and press Play.....

do twice if required

basite
02-08-2007, 11:49 AM
when stressed:
(school can stress me sometimes)

trentemoller - the last resort, not all the tracks, but still alot...
some tracks from Philip catherine - summer night
Tord gustavsen trio - the ground (preferred when you turn up the volume and let the piano relax you and let the double bass "massage" your brain...)
supperclub - san fransisco
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella & Louis

maybe Norah Jones, depending on how stressed I am...

combine with tea, or some sweet white wine,
and something to eat...

keep them spinning,
Bert.

SlumpBuster
02-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, my office is crawling with cute secretaries with loser boyfriends. So, when I get stressed I take a walk to the watercooler. A simple "Did anyone see/will anyone watch Grey's Anatomy" and I'm no longer stressed. :D ...ohh... you meant music.

Well, in that case there is only one cure: REO Speedwagon! no joke. :cornut: Well, AC/DC's classic Live at Donnington DVD works too. Especially, the version of High Voltage on there.

SlumpBuster
02-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Fullrange System, Manowar Warriors of the World, Aprox. 110db, Add 8db below 40Hz, take a beer and press Play.....

Close but no cigar, my friend:
"Manowar claims the title of "loudest band in the world", and the Guiness Book of World Records has documented them as the holders of the record for the loudest musical performance, at 129.5 decibels. Custom equipment was built for the band by John "Dawk" Stillwell, which helped achieve the massive sound. "

Call me back when you've got another 20db. :cornut: Actually, I wouldn't be surpised if you could do it. Especially at 1 meter.

basite
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
just found out that Queens of the stone age works good too when you turn it up a little...
:ihih::cornut:

:5: :7: :6:

Rock on!
Bert.

Florian
02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Close but no cigar, my friend:
"Manowar claims the title of "loudest band in the world", and the Guiness Book of World Records has documented them as the holders of the record for the loudest musical performance, at 129.5 decibels. Custom equipment was built for the band by John "Dawk" Stillwell, which helped achieve the massive sound. "

Call me back when you've got another 20db. :cornut: Actually, I wouldn't be surpised if you could do it. Especially at 1 meter.

LOL..... only 9.5db to go. Actually the Grand is measured at 4 meter distance to over 120db. Once i get all 8 amps in here i am gonna give it a try with earplugs. LOL I am sure Manowar did the measurements far away from the speakers tough. Cant beat that. But i gladly take second place :-)

The loudest i can get with my 3 amps so far is 112db before break off..... time for the other 5 muhahahah Got any info on the frequency range they did it?

Who says extreme High End systems are used for soft violon concertos....i rip my Grands quite often !

Robert-The-Rambler
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Work has me so bummed lately that I've started listening to the soundscapes channel in 7 channel stereo. Here are some other things I have been listening to.

CDs

Peter Cetera: Glory of Love ( Right now after watching Sky High it came to mind)
Survivor: High on You
Flock of Seagulls: Space Age Love Song
Lou Gramm: Midnight Blue
Boston: Ready For Love

DVD

Eagles:Hell Freezes Over in DTS

And various remixes of video game music from years past including the Phantasy Star games from Sega Genesis and Final Fantasy games among others from various consoles upconverted from MP3s to 24bit 96khz wave files.

I really need a new job. <>__<>

Dusty Chalk
02-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Slowdive, Just for a Day -- one of these days, I'm going to take my blood pressure and heartrate before and after listening to this, I guarantee you, both will be down afterwards.

Resident Loser
02-09-2007, 08:59 AM
...Close the music room door...plug in, turn the amp to a pleasantly distorted level and let some sinister riffs rip...

After 15-20 minutes or so, my deep-fried brain is settled and the hands-on aspect of playing drains the physical emotion in me and then I think to my self "Gee, I coulda' had a V8!!!...

Take it from me, after nearly 38 years, work (i.e. the bosses) isn't worth bein' stressed over; they're all a bunch of @$$holes...

jinHJJ(...and I have neckties that are older and smarter...)

SlumpBuster
02-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Got any info on the frequency range they did it?

I actually saw the original Guiness measurement on TV a few months ago, but can remember where. It could have been on VH1's Most Metal Moments or 100 Greatest Metal Artists. But, the Mythbusters also recently did shattering a wine glass with unamplified voice. They may have show the footage of Manowar.

Anyway, the Manowar measurement was in an empty autitorium with mics set up in the first couple of rows measured voice only, then with full band. It was a totally legit measurement, IMO. I remember reading once that the singer had special mics because he could hit very high dbs unamplified that would distort lesser mics.

Regardless, I doubt anyone challenges Manowar's claims.

AmpItUP
02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I either play my audio CDs or just watch TiVo.