Pioneer Plasma TV Promotion: Buy 1, get 1 free. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Plasma TV Promotion: Buy 1, get 1 free.

Smokey
02-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Man, this is some kind of promotion. The promotion is from January 8, 2007 until supplies last, or till March 31.

Purchase a Pioneer Elite Model PRO-FHD1 from a participating authorized Elite Dealer in the 50 United States and receive a 50” High Definition Plasma Pioneer PDP-5016HD, for FREE.

Mind you that Pioneer PRO-FHD1 is 1080p capable plasma hdtv and goes for $8000, while Pioneer PDP-5016HD is 720p plasma TV for retail price of $2500. Not a bad deal, but for $8,000 it might be a hard sell for average Joe.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/top/cat/article/0,,2076_3450_396920404,00.html

Woochifer
02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
When I saw that offer a few weeks ago, I was trying to think of who I know that might be in the market for a plasma HDTV! Then I started reading about the new models that Pioneer has got coming out this summer. No word on the resolution, but the contrast levels on the newer models are supposedly off-the-chart. Rather than spending $8,000 for two TVs introduced last year, I'd rather spend closer to $3,000 for a newer model whose performance might surpass both of these sets.

This offer seems more like Pioneer's way to move inventory without drastically cutting the list prices. That Elite model is currently the only true 1080p plasma on the market, but other 1080p plasmas are due out this year, maybe even the new garden variety Pioneer models.

Even if the newer Pioneer models don't come with 1080p resolution, supposedly Panasonic's upcoming models will come with 1080p resolution AND an ISF calibration mode, which up to this point has been one of the Pioneer Elite models' biggest selling points for me. Either way, right now's a great time to ... do nothing and wait!

BillyB
02-07-2007, 04:41 AM
Interesting approach to move the plasmas.That Elite model may be the finest display made and at 8K it should be.If you can truly afford and have a use for both sets this is not a terrible offer.As you say this level of equipment is geared for the ultra particular.My dealer has the Elite series and they truly are stunning.