anybody heard of a company called Digital Audio? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anybody heard of a company called Digital Audio?

Mike999
02-13-2004, 09:27 PM
I picked up some speakers from a company called Digital Audio.
They are PDA-2012.
3 way floor speakers rated at 10-400 watts continuous power handling.

Have any of you heard of these? Are they any good? What are they worth?

Sorry about all the questions at once, but I'm not having much luck finding info on these.
Thanks!

This Guy
02-14-2004, 10:39 AM
sounds like white van speakers. Did you pick these up in a store parcking lot or on ebay, and did they say the were worth upwards of a grand? How much did you pay?

-Joey

Mike999
02-14-2004, 10:49 AM
sounds like white van speakers. Did you pick these up in a store parcking lot or on ebay, and did they say the were worth upwards of a grand? How much did you pay?

-Joey

Yep, sounds familiar (parking lot). The box says "suggested retail $999".
I paid $175... :(
Are they even worth that? I haven't tested them out yet...

This Guy
02-14-2004, 02:20 PM
sorry dude but you bought into a scam. Someone recently posted about white van speakers (epiphany)and their news station had a special about white van speakers. The one tweeter they used in there speakers that claimed to retail for $1500 costs $7 on partsexpress.com. Luckily you didn't pay a **** load for them so it may not be a huge loss. They may sound decent, but the truth of the matter is, the pair probably cost around $30 to make. Now you know for next time. try to get your money back if you can, but good luck.

-Joey