Panasonic 60U 50" Plasma [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic 60U 50" Plasma

BillyB
02-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Just wanted to give a heads up that Circuit City now has the 50" Panasonic 60U plasma reduced to $2000 plus a $150 off coupon which basically wipes out the sales tax.Not sure if the coupon is only applicable on-line.It doesn't really matter as you can buy it online and still have the option of free basic home delivery or self pick-up at your local store.Been waiting patiently and it looks like the pre-Superbowl price has made the wait worth it.

I'm going to buy it today or tomorrow before the coupon expires.This is the best price I have ever found from a local established retailer.I'm leery of buying something this fragile on-line as if it shows up damaged it must be a nightmare to have a large item like this returned and reshipped.

AVMASTER
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
not to burst your bubble but that model is already obsolete; anybody thats' still has stock will probably dump them for as much as they can get. New version will be all black with higher rez, no other specs or firm release date yet. Who knows, wait a little longer and you might find it even cheaper; who cares about higher resolution and processing advancements if I just sit tight and wait the price out

BillyB
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
not to burst your bubble but that model is already obsolete; anybody thats' still has stock will probably dump them for as much as they can get. New version will be all black with higher rez, no other specs or firm release date yet. Who knows, wait a little longer and you might find it even cheaper; who cares about higher resolution and processing advancements if I just sit tight and wait the price out

Bubble's not burst.I'm aware they're releasing a new line soon but you definitely won't be getting a 50" model for $1850 plus tax.You always pay a premium for just released models so I would say now is actually the perfect time to buy this model.Obsolete is a subjective term as this is a ninth generation plasma for Panasonic.This model hasn't been around that long and it can't be obsolete if the new model isn't even released yet.That's a contradiction in terms.

BillyB
02-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Bubble's not burst.I'm aware they're releasing a new line soon but you definitely won't be getting a 50" model for $1850 plus tax.You always pay a premium for just released models so I would say now is actually the perfect time to buy this model.Obsolete is a subjective term as this is a ninth generation plasma for Panasonic.This model hasn't been around that long and it can't be obsolete if the new model isn't even released yet.That's a contradiction in terms.

The display is home and already hanging on the wall.Not going to plug it in tonight as Panasonic recommends letting the set acclimate to the temp of the house overnite.This set was manufactured 3 weeks ago so it certainly hasn't been sitting around very long.I don't see this set dropping much more in price as it would then be as cheap as the Vizio's,Maxents,etc.No disrespect to those brands but I do think the Panasonic is a step-up in most regards.The price curve on these 720P sets has pretty much bottomed out so unless you're hell-bent on 1080P it won't get much better than now.With the 1080P will come all new price ranges for the different manufacturers.