Sonus Fabers new Elipses [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Fabers new Elipses

icarus
01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
:17: Sonus Faber the Italian speaker manufacturer has released its latest model in the Ceremona series called Elipsa. The Elipsa uses the techonolgy from its signature model, the Stradivari Homage model which costs a mere$40,000:ihih:, and puts them into the more affordable ceromona line(still freaking expensive). I have not been able to find a price for these beauties, but im guessing they will rival the B&W 801's in price.

power handling 50-300W
nominal impedance 4ohms
Frequency response 35hz-30,000hz

to learn more, and to see the beautiful italian craftmanship on these works of art go to http://www.sonusfaber.com/pdf/elipsa.pdf and bask its glory.

Dusty Chalk
01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
They certainly look the part.

nightflier
02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I know it's supposed to be a "beautiful" speaker, but to me it just looks a bit funky. With so many speakers being narrow on the front and deep on the sides, this speaker seems to be the opposite. Not really my cup of tea.

topspeed
02-02-2007, 09:11 AM
IIRC, the body of the speaker is supposed to contribute to the sound much like the body of a violin. At least, that was how it was with the Strad...and this appears almost identical. I've never really cottoned to the idea of using resonance a la Sonus, Audio Note, and Snell. Too many variables I 'spose. Sure is purty tho.

Is it me, or does anybody else have a problem paying that much money for a speaker that only drops to 35hz? I dunno, if I'm laying out more than $4g's for speakers, those puppies had better play cleanly into the 20's. Maybe it's because I don't like using a sub with music?