What do you think about LCD RPTV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about LCD RPTV

alex_pioneer
02-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey guys,

I'm searching for nice 42' TV. What do you think about LCD RPTV technology. Plazma is pretty expensive and I hate buying something and see that price drops twice in few month.
So I back to topic. I visit my local store to compare what they have. I like LCD RPTV technology - it's flat - bright and nice. Picture is pretty good. I read a lot of bad things about Sony LCD TV's - what do you think of Hitachi 50V500.

Let me know.

Thanks

AVMASTER
02-17-2004, 05:47 AM
i brought the Hitachi based upon picture quality from SD signals, aspect control, ease of use ( AVnet ), lots of picture control, pricing and overall apperance.
I've had the Sony, Panasonic, and the Hitachi side by side in my showroom with HD feeds from Directv and they all looked good with minor differencies. The Panasonic has a direct PC link that was appealing to ME but I didn't like the limited picture controls. The Sony was MY original choice but until MY home renovation is complete I'll be watching regular satellite and IMHO the Hitachi performed way better. The Sony remote control has too many tiny buttons for ME and wasn't easily navigated by the wife. Pricing was a big factor since I'm basically rebuilding MY home
I could continue to nit-pick each one but I've purposely worded this with empahsis on MY particular needs; skip the technical mumble jumble and choose one that fits YOURs

PmR
02-19-2004, 04:37 AM
If you like sports or action movies I would advise against LCDs as you get these annoying "tracers" on fast moving objects.