Cornwall 1's Vs. Century 100 A's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cornwall 1's Vs. Century 100 A's

Bogartus
01-28-2007, 04:03 PM
As a new member I say hello to all. I am at a crucial point with my stereo system and here is the quandry. I have the speakers (perfect condition) along with stands that I purchased my first year in college in 1974, the JBL's. I have a real attachment to these speakers and think they sound great. In a non emotional argument can they hold their own with a pair of cornwalls, I use a mcintosh 2105 to power my system. I have a shot at a great deal on some Cornwalls but can't seem to part with the JBL's. Two sets are not an option. Thoughts?

flippo
01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
If you are happy with what you have, why change? Use the money to buy music.

markw
01-29-2007, 12:59 PM
What, exactly, attracts you to the cornwalls? Did you hear them? Can you get them at a low price? If so, you might be able to turn a quick profit. They will play very loud on very few watts but I hope you have a big room to get the most out of them. A small room will not do them justice.

Not everyone likes the "horny" sound of the classic Klipsch line but, then again, some say that the L-100's forward west coast sound isn't to their liking either. My preferences lean towards the JBL's but, for whatever bass they reproduce, bass, the Klipsch would win hands down.

You've really got to hear them with your music, preferably in your own listening environment. In eiaher case, you should have no problem unloading whichever you like less.

GMichael
01-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey Bogart, pass that over.... uh,... I mean, welcome to AR.

The others make great sense to me. You have to listen to both to see what you like better. Everyone hears things differently.

Happy listening.