spatializer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : spatializer

hifitommy
01-28-2007, 07:49 AM
does anybody know what the required dc voltage is required for the wall wart power supply? i foolishly didnt mark my supply when i dismantled the stereo once and the unit doesnt indicate what voltage it needs.

bobsticks
01-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry tommy, no answers. My semi-dyslexic-fool-self thought this thread was about a Wal-Mart power supply, and I just tuned in to see when the discount retailing conglomerate got into hi-fi and watch the flames start. Damn, this could've been better than a Bose thread...

Good luck and sizzling sounds are bad.

hifitommy
01-28-2007, 11:20 AM
i found the manual and not in any specs but in a drawing of the PS was 12v on it. i have a universal supply from ratshack and it works fine.

some may laugh and say this is a POS but i disagree. on SOME recordings, its magic what it does tonally . spatially its interesting and whether anyone scoffs or not is not important to me nor should it be to anybody. its easily switchable to bypass and there are three levels of 'spatializing'. the max is usually too much.

also, if the program already has the spatializer process built into it, the spatializer wont affect its sound.

so the laugh might be on me but believe me, this isnt hokey. this aint bose.
(http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=21443&goto=newpost)

bobsticks
01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I meant flames starting because of a Wal-Mart power supply, not at the idea of a spatializer.

I have heard of but never heard the effects of a spatializer. What does it do?

hifitommy
01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
the name of it is rather suggestive of it function but its not limited to spatial changes. i believe ist based on a comb filter and additionally causes aparent tonal changes but unlike an equalizer.

when i first put in my dynaquad surround, the sound became fuller and more concrete, thats sort of what happens with this unit. its really worth a try. btw, i used it with the quadaptor in place.

JoeE SP9
01-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I have an Omnisonix 801 Imager that was purchased new. At one time I used it with a Hafler Dynaquad setup. As my gear got better my need for its effects lessened. It currently sits on a shelf in my old/vintage gear closet.:cool: