Something interesting [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting

lcswoosh05
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I found something interesting I found two kinds of JBL speakers that are the same specs but I would like to know if these are the same speakers. One is the JBL Control 1 Xtreme and one is the JBL Control ONE. I see that the Control ONE is sold in Best Buy or in another country. I saw the specs on the box or the Control 1 Xtreme and it goes 50hz to 20kHz. The Control ONE is the exact same too but its soo confusing on what's the difference.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Ya I was woundering about that Control ONE too and what's the difference. That's a good question.

hermanv
01-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't know much about JBL model numbers, I have read that huge stores like Best Buy with a low price guarantee get manufacturers to issue a special model numbers thereby making sure that you can never collect on the low price guarantee. "I'm sorry sir, that lower price unit is a different model."

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Ya the specs are the same when I saw both.

Control 1X

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CONTROL1XTREME&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA&cat=BFS&ser=COS

Control ONE

http://www.amazon.de/JBL-Control-Lautsprecher-Paar-schwarz/dp/B00065GMFG

http://shopping.rediff.com/shop/storeproductdisplay.jsp?prrfnbr=10119794&strfnbr=2963

audio_dude
01-27-2007, 06:39 PM
SVI!!! HOW MANY F*CKING TIME DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU!!! SPECS MEAN NOTHING!!!

oh, and lcswoosh05, please, look elsewhere, JBL sucks... sorry to put it blunt, but their cheap stuff does, the higher end stuff isn't too bad, some love it. but the cheap stuff is:

J unkie
B ut
L oud

So, look around, i bet those are the same speaker, but visit a local hi-fi shop first.

(PS, SVI, that pic is f*cking freaky dude)

lcswoosh05
01-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Well I am a huge JBL fan and I have lot's of speakers from them. I don't think the affordable ones sound that bad as you say they do. But I just was woundering what was the difference on those two speakers. But it might be just the name is different but on the Control ONE the box says it's the orginal series. I looked at the copyright and the Control ONE was made in 2004 and the Xtreme was made in 2002. So the Control ONE might be a newer updated model and maybe better sound but I just need to know if you guys know for sure if the Control ONE is better.

Thanks everyone

MikeyBC
01-27-2007, 07:11 PM
does SVI have multiple personalities? and log-in names here?? sure seems like it, didnt anyone notice lcswoosh05 and SVI both spell "woundering" the same way?? :ciappa:

lcswoosh05
01-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Who is SVI? Is he or she your friend? Anyways I found a pic of the box of the Control ONE on ebay. It looks different from the C1X.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/87/a6/3d30_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/45/e3/39_1.JPG

MikeyBC
01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
:ciappa:

emorphien
01-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Icswoosh is SVI isn't it?

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
does SVI have multiple personalities? and log-in names here?? sure seems like it, didnt anyone notice lcswoosh05 and SVI both spell "woundering" the same way?? :ciappa:I really think you guys are rude to who ever that person is since I am NOT Icswoosh05. That makes me mad. There are other guys that like JBL too so quit it. So what if he spells words wrong that doesnt mean that its me.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Why would I make many names if I have 337 posts which the most posts I ever made on all forums. Thats pointless to make other names.

audio_dude
01-27-2007, 07:33 PM
yeah, somepeople like JBL, but SVI, you are just an IDIOT, plain and simple, now please leave to that other forum you joined and get the h*ll out of here!

GET, SHOO!!!

MikeyBC
01-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I really think you guys are rude to who ever that person is since I am NOT Icswoosh05. That makes me mad. There are other guys that like JBL too so quit it. So what if he spells words wrong that doesnt mean that its me.

I'm sorry...I'm not trying to be rude....but I'm not stupid either. It just makes sense...there can't be two people here with your particular style.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I really really don't appreciate that you guys hate me soo much. I am just posting and asking questions about speakers I seleted. If I wanted to know more about better or different speakers I would put something like "what are the best speakers for music" THEN you guys can say whatever speakers you please and we can compair and see what's best. Ok??? :)

emorphien
01-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I really really don't appreciate that you guys hate me soo much. I am just posting and asking questions about speakers I seleted. If I wanted to know more about better or different speakers I would put something like "what are the best speakers for music" THEN you guys can say whatever speakers you please and we can compair and see what's best. Ok??? :)
Nobody is hating you, but you are very uneducated about audio, including speakers. People are trying to prevent you from repeating mistakes you have already made, and so far you've been uninterested in that.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Well anyways who ever this guy is I would like to know the answer to his question to since I was thinking the same thing and needed to know the answer about the difference on Control ONE and Control 1X that I currently own.

MikeyBC
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Well anyways who ever this guy is I would like to know the answer to his question to since I was thinking the same thing and needed to know the answer about the difference on Control ONE and Control 1X that I currently own.

In both yours and lcswoosh05's profiles the equipment list has Pioneer VSX-405, JBL HLS410 and Kenwood GE-1100 listed in them...you've been busted! now just be SVI please:)

emorphien
01-27-2007, 08:34 PM
In both yours and lcswoosh05's profiles the equipment list has Pioneer VSX-405, JBL HLS410 and Kenwood GE-1100 listed in them...you've been busted! now just be SVI please:)
:lol: seriously, it wasn't even a very good attempt at a second identity. And on top of that, he's asked the exact same questions as "Icswoosh" on other forums without assuming different identities.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 08:35 PM
OKOKOK FINE I am icswoosh05 too I did that because I wanted to start over and start from fresh meaning from people not hating me anymore since I really really felt bad that you guys are picking on me when I am just asking about certan speakers I really like. I just wanted to know how good are these speakers only and not other kinds I know there are other great speakers out there but I am just into JBL alot since my dad said JBL speakers are soo great and he works in a recording studio and plays drums. He use to own the JBL Control 1 pro versions and I really liked them alot. But they are not working anymore and had to be tossed away. I just wanted to know how good is the Control ONE is compaired to my new JBL Control 1X. :)

lcswoosh05
01-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes this is Dallas the gay boy I am proving it that its me here but I will be using the SpankingVanillaIce from now and hope people will be nicer to me. :)

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Anyways to get to the point you guys really hurted my feelings baddly thats why I wanted to start over but that didnt go well.

emorphien
01-27-2007, 08:41 PM
OKOKOK FINE I am icswoosh05 too I did that because I wanted to start over and start from fresh meaning from people not hating me anymore since I really really felt bad that you guys are picking on me when I am just asking about certan speakers I really like. I just wanted to know how good are these speakers only and not other kinds I know there are other great speakers out there but I am just into JBL alot since my dad said JBL speakers are soo great and he works in a recording studio and plays drums. He use to own the JBL Control 1 pro versions and I really liked them alot. But they are not working anymore and had to be tossed away. I just wanted to know how good is the Control ONE is compaired to my new JBL Control 1X. :)
Just because your dad says they're good for his needs, or in a studio, or however he might be using them has no real weight on whether they're the right speaker for you. Just buying speakers because someone said they're good is a bad way to go. You need to really listen to them to decide for sure if they're right for you.

If you can, listen to both speakers. If that means ordering a pair of each and comparing them, then do that and return the one you don't like. However I really think (as do I think many others here) that you should avoid these two JBL speakers entirely and consider some other options.

Anyways to get to the point you guys really hurted my feelings baddly thats why I wanted to start over but that didnt go well.
you've done it to yourself by not listening to people and taking stock of your situation. People also get upset with you because they give you advice and try to help you, and you just completely ignore them.

How about humoring those of us who say you shouldn't bother with the JBLs and take a visit to some local audio shops and see what speakers they have in the <$500 range for example. You may find something you really like and realize you're better off saving to get something that might cost a bit more. I'd say to look at some of the places we usually suggest to look used, but we know nothing about what you really like in speaker sound (and I don't think you know either) and that just opens you up to more confusion. Plus, if you go to audio shops and listen to the speakers and tell us what you heard and what you liked (and why you liked it) we might be able to give you suggestions based on that which would be within your budget. Consider it a challenge, if you're willing to try it you'll either find you want to stick with the JBLs or that perhaps we're right and in the end you lose nothing.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 08:52 PM
I went to Best Buy recently that's how I found out about the Control ONE and I thought maybe thats an improved version of the Pro Control 1 and I really liked the sound of the Pro version so I thought that maybe the Control ONE will be better since its made newer too. The reason why I got the Control 1X is since that was the only one that i can get at my price range since the pro one costs more. But I was shocked when I saw the JBL Control ONE the orginal it said so I was thinking to get those and sell my Xtremes. But I just needed to know if you guys think the Control ONE are the same as my Xtremes.

emorphien
01-27-2007, 08:56 PM
nevermind, you'll just continue to be ridiculed :lol:

I thought there was hope for you, but evidently there really wasn't.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Why you guys can't just tell me the difference in the two speakers I was talking about?? I mean it's not a hard thing to tell which speakers are better out of the two. Please tell me the difference in the two. I am serious guys and no more making fun on me please.

emorphien
01-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Why you guys can't just tell me the difference in the two speakers I was talking about?? I mean it's not a hard thing to tell which speakers are better out of the two. Please tell me the difference in the two. I am serious guys and no more making fun on me please.
Nobody has told you because nobody knows. And besides even if we liked one of them better than the other, it might be the opposite for you. Go try them out for yourself, or take a pair home and compare it. If you don't like it, then take them back.

MikeyBC
01-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Well if you own the 1X's then i'd say they are a newer slightly improved version...you wouldnt think JBL would take a speaker and make it worse would you, now just sit back and enjoy what you have, which is better than the majority of the population that listen to York or Citizen rack systems.

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Ok well if anyone in here knows these speakers please tell me on what you think they both sound like. I would like everyones feedback and then I can sorta see which is more popular. I can say that for me I think they sound exactly the same from what I heard. Both had same highs and lows and mids. Looked even exactly the same but only difference is the logo and the color of it. I didn't actualy got them and took them home but I just listened to the same music I have and both sounded the same. But I want to know what others think about them too. So if you know about them please post here.

Thank You

MikeyBC
01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes this is Dallas the gay boy I am proving it that its me here but I will be using the SpankingVanillaIce from now and hope people will be nicer to me. :)

January isn't over and i think we have a winner for the quote of the year here :cornut:

SpankingVanillaice
01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't bring my speakers and compaired I just rememberd the sound of mine very clearly and just listened to the same song I listen many many times and both sounded the same.

emorphien
01-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Why does popularity matter? And if you think they sound the same, then why do you ask?

edit: ok so you didn't hear them one after the other, so bring yours in with you, or take a pair of the other ones home to compare. That's the only way you'll know for certain because unless someone here has heard and compared we can't help you (and trust me, if someone knew they would have said so already to shut you up).

Florian
01-28-2007, 03:56 AM
He is so stupid, its actually scary. I woke up and read this thread and all i could do is ROTFLMAO!!!!

SpankingVanillaice
01-28-2007, 09:17 AM
He is so stupid, its actually scary. I woke up and read this thread and all i could do is ROTFLMAO!!!!Here we go again after I just said please no more rude stuff this person says something rude. :frown2:

SpankingVanillaice
01-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Well anyways if no one has compaired them but me then I guess I will have to say both sound the same and only very minor looks has changed.

SpankingVanillaice
01-28-2007, 09:23 AM
That makes me wounder that if anyone has listened to any of the speakers I talked about in the past but has anyone in here have ever listened to the JBL HLS410 or the Sony SS-MB150H? If not then I'am the only judge to decide which sounds better but if any one of you heard on of these please let me know.

Thank You

emorphien
01-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Yay, you got it! nobody here has heard the JBLs you asked about.

As far as Sony vs JBL, I've heard some of the Sonys (and probably the ones you asked about) and I can't see how the JBLs couldn't be better, the Sonys are horrible speakers.

You're still better off getting your head out of your ass, cut the whining act and go try some better speakers (Paradigm, Klipsch, Axiom, AV123, etc).

Peter Duminy
01-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I have been reading this thread too SVI, and also the one you have runnig over at the AVS Forum here. (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=795246)

It appears you are just not happy with these JBLs you own. Why not sell them, and purchase a pair of Paradigms, Tannoys, or B&Ws new or used for example? Just my 2 cents worth after working every day in this Industry for 34 years.

Florian
01-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Yes SVI....and i will still say it. You are the most mubest person i have ever met anywhere in this world. You are the definition of the word "stupid".....want me to reapeat it again?

audio_dude
01-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I'll have to agree with florian, you just don't listen, we're giving some some niec advice, go to a hi-fi store and listen to some higher end brands, find one you like, and save up for it. DO NOT LET THE SALESMAN TELL YOU WHAT TO BUY...

oh, and never ever ever ever go to bestbuy or any bigbox store for audio...PLEASE!

so you live in Omaha, nebraska? I'll try to find some hi-fi dealers for you to visit, please do it! You'll be amazed at how great these speakers sound! i guarantee it! :)

audio_dude
01-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Here, check out this store:

The Sound Environment
http://soundenvironment.com/
11021 Elm St
Omaha, NE 68144
(402) 391-3842

Go in, and ask the sales rep to show you some budget speakers, maybe NHT, they make some great budget bookshelfers!

Actually, a better bet would be
Custom Electronics, Omaha
http://customelectronics.tv/
They carry tons of brands that you'd enjoy, do the same as the other one, just go in, and ask for some hep, bring some of your favourite CD's and ask to listen, you'll be pleased you did!

Luvin Da Blues
01-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Who is this Guy SVI? The best part of him dribbled down his daddy's leg.

If you don't want to listen then don't asked the dumb questions that you are.

This is the most I have laughed since watching a rerun of "The Jerk" coincidence?

basite
01-28-2007, 10:32 AM
*stops ROFL-ing for a second*

hey, guys, there is a sign of improvement,
he actually got it that we were laughing with his avatar, so he changed it, to something even more horrible...

spanky,
go play with your boyfriends, play football, or tennis, or something else (take them from behind or so), but please,

STOP ASKING STUPID AND REPETITIVE QUESTIONS!!!

and get a life.

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

*continues ROFL-ing very hard*

P.S. hey guys, Linux just keeps on getting better...
it has a built in spelling corrector!!! nice to know....

bobsticks
01-28-2007, 10:35 AM
SVI/lcswoosh05/Lexie's wierd younger brother,

Most of the people on this forum work pretty hard for their salaries. Many are in th eprocess of bettering themselves by attending college courses so they can get out into the world and do the same. They spend quite a bit time auditioning gear to find what suits their needs. They spend time optimizing the rooms in which these gears are placed. Questions these folks are asking usually are in the form of a search for a reference point for the beginning of their audio search--the expansion of knowledge.

If you have encountered ire on this forum it is because, at every turn, you have dogmatically refused to follow any of these paths. Quibbling over the perceived sonic differences between a crappy plastic box with the world's worst drivers and a different version of the same crappy box is hardly worth anyone's time. As for room optimization, I can recall past threads in which you have argued against all advice because it would involve moving your already-dead cat's litterbox or having to relocate plants or your particleboard furniture. Not the behavior of someone who is truly interested in maximizing his sound.

Unsolicited advice: dump the boyfriend who looks like a genetic cross between Randy Quaid and a psychotic muppet, stop mailing your underwear to people, GET A JOB, earn your keep, and investigate and invest in some decent stuff. Then and only then will people take your querries seriously. Until then you remain...yeah, you guessed it...

Luvin Da Blues
01-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey bobsticks

mind if I copy and send the pic of the ASSCLOWN..theres an few people I know that I'd love to send to..too bad you beat me to sending it to our"friend" SVI

JohnMichael
01-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I really think you guys are rude to who ever that person is since I am NOT Icswoosh05. That makes me mad. There are other guys that like JBL too so quit it. So what if he spells words wrong that doesnt mean that its me.

Then why do you both have the same exact IP address? You are busted and becoming a troll. Be careful!

Dusty Chalk
01-28-2007, 06:11 PM
...mubest...Say what now?

audio_dude
01-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Say what now?

I was wonderin' what that was too... flo?

audio_dude
01-28-2007, 07:46 PM
SVI, if you read this, please go to this link, we're trying to HELP you!

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=21446

N. Abstentia
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Dang man, we didn't mean to hurt your feelings and come off as being mean and saying bad things..sorry dude. We'll wipe the slate clean and start over.

So, does lcswoosh05 like gay dinosaurs and 10 year old boys too?

Florian
01-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Ah damn i hit the wrong key....LOL now i look stupid.

I meant "dumbest"...... :):) nevermind now

GMichael
01-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys. This thread is just what the doctor ordered.

SVI, I think that you should keep the speakers you have now. The others are not an improvement. Keep saving until you have enough for a big change in sound. Otherwise you'll just need to upgrade over and over. JBL is OK, but there are many that are better. Be patient and wait until you've had a chance to listen to as many speakers as you can before making a purchase. No need to be in a rush. That just leads to mistakes.
And please, no more alter egos. One SVI is unique. 2 SVI's is redundant.

Everyone else, great stuff. Funny as h.ll.

Resident Loser
01-29-2007, 09:45 AM
...if there ever was a time to use this it's now...

He doesn't get it...

He hasn't gotten it here...

He hasn't gotten it over at Home Theater Forums (where his nom d'QWERTY is Admmccl) and he's been asking the same inane questions...

He'll never get it...

In fact he wouldn't get "it" if "it" were sitting on his kitchen table in a big brown bag marked "IT"...

And BTW...SVI/ Dallas/Adam/Hookalakah Meshhobab or whatever you call yourself, how do you have the Kenwood EQ hooked up to your Pioneer? And if you are really using an MD player as your source, why bother worrying about speakers or receivers or equalizers?

Cuz it don't matter...

jimHJJ(...I agree w/ markw, he's just looking for validation not advice...)

Dusty Chalk
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Y'all are idiots for trying to educate him. Haven't you noticed his MO yet? Everything he does and says is an attempt to keep the conversation going -- doesn't care whether the conversation actually gets anywhere or not, just needs the attention.

Kinda like a child.

GMichael
01-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Y'all are idiots for trying to educate him. Haven't you noticed his MO yet? Everything he does and says is an attempt to keep the conversation going -- doesn't care whether the conversation actually gets anywhere or not, just needs the attention.

Kinda like a child.

OK, I may be a child in an old man's body, but I'm not an idiot. You take that back.:incazzato:

He's very immature. He's got an education but hasn't grown up yet. He may never get common sense, but who else could get this many replies in just a few days.
I feel for him man. I know what it's like to develop common sense slowly. I was 25 before I asked myself, "what the h.ll are you doing with your life?" Not everyone develops these things at the same pace. Look at that show, beauty and the geek. Some of those guys can solve a Rubik's cube blindfolded but would fall apart if a hot babe talked to him. Let's cut the guy a little slack. He may catch on someday.:idea:

Dusty Chalk
01-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Ah damn i hit the wrong key....LOL now i look stupid.

I meant "dumbest"...... :):) nevermind nowThat's okay, whether you meant to or no, you just invented a new word (see my new personal tagline).

pkats
01-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Funny stuff Dusty.

But seriously, the whole time I've been following this thread I can't help thinking that SVI is immature because maybe he is exactly that. While I don't think it is right to give out personal info on the web I can't help wondering how old SVI actually is (NO, I don't really want to know). If I am right I think everyone should think carefully about some of the offensive remarks being thrown around. If I am wrong then we all know the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" Maybe he will just go away.

And now, for something completely different....

Have a set of Quad 22L and Thiel CS1.6 in home for a listen. Listening to Jean Luc Ponty on the 22L as I type this and it sounds great! Pretty amazing little speakers. Too bad I have to take them back in a couple of hours (not ready to purchase quite yet).
I guess the Thiels are an acquired taste, not very impressed with them personally.

Take care

GMichael
01-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Funny stuff Dusty.

But seriously, the whole time I've been following this thread I can't help thinking that SVI is immature because maybe he is exactly that. While I don't think it is right to give out personal info on the web I can't help wondering how old SVI actually is (NO, I don't really want to know). If I am right I think everyone should think carefully about some of the offensive remarks being thrown around. If I am wrong then we all know the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" Maybe he will just go away.

Take care

He's 22. Just poke around in his website for a bit. (18 or older only please)
I hope he doesn't go away. He brings out the best and worst of us all.

Resident Loser
01-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Funny stuff Dusty.

And now, for something completely different....

Have a set of Quad 22L and Thiel CS1.6 in home for a listen. Listening to Jean Luc Ponty on the 22L as I type this and it sounds great! Pretty amazing little speakers. Too bad I have to take them back in a couple of hours (not ready to purchase quite yet).
I guess the Thiels are an acquired taste, not very impressed with them personally.

Take care

...what do you think of JBLs? Most studios and theaters use them...

For some real insight into the boy blunder, check all his redundant posts and if you really want to get extreme, visit his web sites...

jimHJJ(...claims to be 22...and his boyfriend suffers from PMS...)

Carl Reid
01-30-2007, 10:28 AM
OKOKOK FINE I am icswoosh05 too I did that because I wanted to start over and start from fresh meaning from people not hating me anymore since I really really felt bad that you guys are picking on me when I am just asking about certan speakers I really like.

This is the most intelligent thing I've read from Spanky.... He actually finally realized that people are insulting him.... Maybe there is a small (very, very, very small) bit of hope for him yet...

Anyway, I get the whole thing of being totally into a Brand that audiophiles have no regard for... Hell, throughout my teens I was a diehard Panasonic fan... and when I moved from boomboxes and mini-systems to seperates I bought a full Technics (Panasonic) setup...

And even now, despite having heard $20K setups I still have fond memories of the old Pany setup with it's bloated bass and pitiful midrange... But the thing I can't fathom is why Spanky keeps asking for advice on JBLs.... I never dreamed of asking someone on this site for advice on Panasonics when I had them... Cuz I knew that the responses would be "sell them and buy something good" or "save your money and get something better"...

As I've said once before to another poster... this site is a great place to learn about audio... but try and ensure that you ask the right questions here....

Asking the majority of audiophiles on this site for advice on JBL entry level speakers is like going into a sports car club, with guys driving (and bragging about) everything from Corvettes and Porsches to Lamborghinis and Ferraris and asking for advice on a Kia or Daewoo.... It's a sure way to get laughed at... and you're not likely to get the advice you want....

Resident Loser
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
...brand allegiance is not his problem...It starts with the constant reliance on specsmanship being an absolute in some manner...

jimHJJ(...it only blossoms from there...)

pkats
01-31-2007, 12:05 PM
I haven't heard a JBL speaker in at least 15 years so I can't comment on them.

My point is this. From SVI's MO, I can't help thinking one of four things:
1) He is much younger than he claims to be.
2) He is in some way mentally delayed.
3) He is in some way learning delayed.
or
4) Any combination of the above.

None of the above are valid reasons, IMHO, for being ridiculed and abused.

Sorry, I do not care to research his other web activity, I have much better things to do - like listening to music and learning about audio. Thats why I am here.

OK, my soapbox stint is over.

Thanks

GMichael
01-31-2007, 12:24 PM

or

Sorry, I do not care to research his other web activity, I have much better things to do - like listening to music and learning about audio. Thats why I am here.

Thanks

Wow, sure seems like a lot to say about something you don't have time to look at fully. Am I missing something?

emorphien
01-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow, sure seems like a lot to say about something you don't have time to look at fully. Am I missing something?
nope.

Resident Loser
01-31-2007, 01:00 PM

...you are, you insipid, elitist, jerk...our altruistic defender of the downtrodden refuses to understand that Dallas is 22, still lives at home, is unmemployed, proclaims himself a proud gay boy, has the time to make himself a general nuisance 'round here and other sites AND still has the time and wherewithal to have two websites...

Might his "all of the above" be accurate...maybe, but I'm guessin' SVI is having a grand old time and is simply a PITA troll...or has been suggested, a performance artiste...S-o-o-o as Paul Harvey says now we all have, like it or not, "...the rest of the story..." reduced to it's most salient parameters...

jimHJJ(...if not, we'll all burn in hell...)

JohnMichael
01-31-2007, 02:02 PM

or

Thanks

Sometimes I think negative attention is better than no attention. I think he is lonely. It may be tough for him in Nebraska.

Dusty Chalk
01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
or
4) Any combination of the above.You seem to be entirely leaving out the possibility that he is doing this on purpose, I.E. trolling.

GMichael
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
...you are, you insipid, elitist, jerk...our altruistic defender of the downtrodden refuses to understand that Dallas is 22, still lives at home, is unmemployed, proclaims himself a proud gay boy, has the time to make himself a general nuisance 'round here and other sites AND still has the time and wherewithal to have two websites...

Might his "all of the above" be accurate...maybe, but I'm guessin' SVI is having a grand old time and is simply a PITA troll...or has been suggested, a performance artiste...S-o-o-o as Paul Harvey says now we all have, like it or not, "...the rest of the story..." reduced to it's most salient parameters...

jimHJJ(...if not, we'll all burn in hell...)

Hey! Just because I am an insipid, elitist, jerk doesn't mean that you can call me a...an... uh, nevermind.
Well, Just because I'm a smart ars doesn't mean that you can, uh, um... skip this one.
Just because he walks like a duck and talks like a duck, doesn't mean that you can assume that he is a ... err. OK OK. So I didn't have a point. At least I was.... at least I am..... Oh shut up.

Florian
01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
That made me laugh out loud.... havent done that around these forums lately.

GMichael
02-01-2007, 06:51 AM
That made me laugh out loud.... havent done that around these forums lately.

Glad to be of service.

By the way, I've begun breeding large cats to fight off your invasion.

basite
02-01-2007, 07:56 AM
By the way, I've begun breeding large cats to fight off your invasion.

maybe I'll think about breeding that killer bunny from in Monty Pyton's Holy grail...
:cornut:

Dusty Chalk
02-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh, there's an accident waiting to happen...it'll be like the beginning of Species II, with that big foggy ball/cage, and all of a sudden, they realize it escaped...

Florian
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey Michael,

lets cut a deal and put the Cats and Hamsters together to fight off stupidity :) After we have taken over the world we join in glorious speaker moments.

SlumpBuster
02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
lets cut a deal and put the Cats and Hamsters together to fight off stupidity

Hmmm... You do under stand that cats are utterly, depressingly stupid themselves? At least my cats are. Using a cat to fight stupidity is like bringing petrol to a firefight.

GMichael
02-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Michael,

lets cut a deal and put the Cats and Hamsters together to fight off stupidity :) After we have taken over the world we join in glorious speaker moments.

Don't forget the beer and you've got a deal.

GMichael
02-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Hmmm... You do under stand that cats are utterly, depressingly stupid themselves? At least my cats are. Using a cat to fight stupidity is like bringing petrol to a firefight.

I watched a show on discovery the other day. They were fighting forest fires by starting fires all around it to use up the wood. Petrol may be what they were using.
I have had smart cats. But the two I have now are called Dumb and -Errr.

basite
02-01-2007, 11:53 AM

cats can be smart, when they want food, and you're they dud who haves to give them their food...

cats are lazy too,
so,when the cats are not extremely hungry, within 10 minutes,
all Michael's cats will be dead, and flo's hamsters will be shagging each other, to continue their species...

unless the cats are hungry, then the cats will maybe kill a hamster, when it's disguised as cat food of course, otherwise, the cat won't even bother...

Keep breeding those cats and hamsters,
Bert.

emorphien
02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I've known some gloriously stupid cats, but in general I'll give the stupid prize to dogs.