Newbie Introduction [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Introduction

hydroman
01-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice forum - good info and minimum chaff!

About Me:

I started working at Circuit City back in the 80's. Started in the stockroom and did a stint as a customer service rep. Some of the store managers i worked for are now VPs. I then went out on the floor selling ACE (Accessories - such as the 'new' cutting edge electric typewriters/early word processors:17: ) I left the company and joined the USAF/saw the world/got out and returned to CC as an ACE sales rep again. I was promoted to the stereo and video departments.:6: I even got to meet Dr. Harmon at a H/K sales workshop (I got a really nice sweater out of the deal! sweeet).

In the 90s i returned part time and sold car audio.

I love music & played trumpet in high school and college and then transitioned to bass guitar.:5: on bass i studied the classics - Rush, Yes, Genesis, The Who to name a few..

i have a very well-rounded music taste but prefer old Skool rock and Christian rock now. Although the progressive/indie station is my favorite listening...

I have installed many a car stereo system and one remote start alarm system.

So there ya' are! I have some experience in audio - but by no means know-it-all and look forward to growing wiser with you.
-peace

JohnMichael
01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Welcome to AudioReview. It is a good place to hang out and learn. I have taught a little, learned a lot. I to did a stint in audio retail back in the early 80's. Make yourself at home.

JoeE SP9
01-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Welcome aboard. Yes, this is a good place to hang out.:ihih:

basite
01-26-2007, 10:52 AM
good place to hang out indeed,
much of fun dudes around here...

Welcome aboard!

any questions are welcome, answers are welcome too.

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

oneway
01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello all! I tend to read much, but not write. I am excited about this website and looking forward to be a contibuting part of it where possible. Have a great day.