The Dodge Charger [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Dodge Charger

ForeverAutumn
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I took my car in for servicing today, but needed a vehicle for work, so the good folks at the rental place put me in a Charger. Man, it's niiiiiiiiiice.

This model doesn't have the Hemi, but it was still a very nice ride on the highway. Great pickup and it felt as good at 130km as it did at 50. In fact, it was hard to go just 50. :cornut: Although it had lots of interior space and a ton of headroom, my only complaint is that because of the steep angle of the windshield the roof comes really far forward, making the car very dark and a little claustrophobic. Part of that feeling could come from the fact that I drive an Escape with a huge windshield and a huge moonroof, so I get lots of light and visibility.

The car took corners pretty nicely considering its size. And the tires on it are almost as big as the ones on my Escape. There wasn't any snow on the roads today, but I suspect that this car would handle very nicely in bad weather.

Based on driving the Charger today, if I were to go from SUV back to car, this would be seriously considered. I'd love to take the Hemi out for a run. That would be a FUN drive.

daviethek
01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I had the same reaction. I rented one recently. I'm 6'4' and a performance car with actual interior room is a fairly odd and wonderful combination these days. Would still like to get a vintage GTX 383 Hemi though.

Dusty Chalk
01-24-2007, 04:19 AM
It's a nice-looking car, that's for sure. I love the look of most Dodge vehicles that I've seen lately.

So you're saying it does not drive like a boat? That's refreshing, most cars that size do.

kexodusc
01-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Dodge/Chrysler are making some sweet vehicles these days. I've rented the Charger/300 C. My last rental was one of those Calibers....not a bad "compact" car at all...though that continuously variable transmission thingy took some getting used to.
Coolest features I've ever seen on cars were in the 300 C. The windshield wipers had an auto setting that sped the wipers up according to the speed I was travelling - it worked perfectly - not too fast or slow. Second feature was the heated/cooling cup holders. We should have had those decades ago. (hmmm, that may have been the Chrysler Sebring though).
Never was a big fan of SUV's. The foot of snow we got last week has me reconsidering.

I haven't driven many large sedans in the last 5 years or so that "drove like boats". The Crown Vic was the last boat I can recall. Nice drive as long as you were on a straight highway. A lot of people just can't handle bigger machines. Drive a truck, SUV, minivan, then go back to a full-size sedan. Might as well be a Yaris by comparison.

ForeverAutumn
01-24-2007, 05:58 AM
So you're saying it does not drive like a boat? That's refreshing, most cars that size do.

Hard for me to judge since our two family cars are an SUV (albeit a small one) and a pick-up truck. In comparison, the Charger didn't drive like a boat. However, had I gone from my old Focus into the Charger, I might feel differently.

Most of my time driving it during the day, yesterday, was on the highway. Last night, I spent some time driving it on main roads. What I found was that darn roof was so far forward that I couldn't see the streetlights if I was the first car stopped. I had to lean forward and peek under the roof to see when the light turned green. That would keep me from buying this car.

It was still a fun day driving it though!

jt1stcav
01-27-2007, 09:10 AM
I knew it (and similar Chrysler models) had a low roofline, but I didn't realize it was that dramatic. Being 6'1" may or may not present a problem...guess I'll have to test drive one and see.

tin ear
04-27-2007, 06:47 PM
130. That's like, what? 70 mph? :idea: How's it at 125 mph? :ciappa:

jabarihoeger
07-08-2021, 05:33 AM
I am looking for a site where I can get the best care services. And I am glad that I found your post. Well, my mom wants to start a new business and for that, she wants to make the best business plan. So she asks me to help her. While reading about the sample of gift shop business plan (https://www.ogscapital.com/article/gift-shop-business-plan-template/) on ogscapital. I am glad that I found your post.