How to connect second subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to connect second subwoofer

alex_pioneer
02-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey guys.

I have Pioneer Elite VSX 43 and I'm thinking how to connect second subwoofer but I have only one output for subwoofer.
Can I split cable and connect two subs. I shouldn't loose anything because subs have own amplifiers.

Anyway need advice how to do it.

Thanks

uncooked
02-12-2004, 06:14 PM
well the best thing you could do is 'IF" one of your subs has a line level input, AND output. alot have them now. so if thats the case you just run the cable into the first subwoofers input and out the output to the other subwoofers input. ive done that before and it sounds good. i had one up front and one in the back.

if not then the only other way you can do it is to use a "Y adapter" run the cable out of the amp to the first subwoofer. then use the Y on the end and put one of them into the first sub. then buy a second sub cable and plug that into the other output of the Y, and run that to the second one.

good luck. your going to have plenty of bass now.

alex_pioneer
02-12-2004, 09:14 PM
I recently bought sub pinnacle dig sub 150 and when I got it I found that amplifier slightly different than it's should be. :confused: It has only volume knob. So I contacted manufacture and convince them to send me replacement. So I gonna have extra amplifier. I desided to build another one myself. I just need to get speaker and build box. I don't think it will be hard.
To have 150W amp and not to use it would be stupid.
I just need to make up my mind what speaker to buy.

Here is my story :D

Mr Peabody
02-15-2004, 07:49 PM
You don't have to be limited by the subwoofer output. You can set the center speaker to large setting and come out of the receiver's center channel pre-outs to the subs preamp in and if the sub has a pre-out go back the the receiver from there or Y off at the receiver's center preamp out with one side going to sub and the other back into the receivers pre-in. Using the second sub less effectively, you could also use the speaker lead terminals and hook it up the the rear channel speakers. If identical subs, and only if identical, you can set your receiver for no sub therefore sending the "low frequency effect" to the mains and then putting a sub on each front channel. The best way coming out of the left and right front preouts as described above. I think for most setups, the best use of a second sub is on the center channel. It is the main channel for HT and your typical center channel speaker don't play that low. Especially, if you are using one of those brands that think they can get away with using a 3 1/2 or 4 inch driver.

htfan14
02-16-2004, 08:34 AM
From the centre channel pre-out? Not that's an interesting suggestion. Has anybody here ever tried that??
May have to "borrow" one from Future Shop and check it out.