Please? I need initial direction in this friendly place! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please? I need initial direction in this friendly place!

LITTLE RED
01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
YOU SAY: "Hello LITTLE RED,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part AudioReview Forums forums now! "

AND I GUESS I HAVE TO RESPOND: Ok! I will do as you ask except I cannot find your "introductions forum"!! Just give me a hint and I'll try! As a rank NOVICE at all of this and just a person who loves to listen to music I have some very basic questions on how to set up what antiquated equipment I have into some sort of decent listening experience. What does the person answering this need to know about what I have -- Model numbers of Receivers -- Amps -- 'players' -- etc., etc. Where do we start?

N. Abstentia
01-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Welcome! And the more info, the better. Bring it on :)

Mr Peabody
01-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Well.....you put da lime in da coconut.....

Kick your shoes off and stay awhile

bobsticks
01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
As a rank NOVICE at all of this and just a person who loves to listen to music I have some very basic questions on how to set up what antiquated equipment I have into some sort of decent listening experience. What does the person answering this need to know about what I have -- Model numbers of Receivers -- Amps -- 'players' -- etc., etc. Where do we start?

Yup, the more info the better. Model numbers are good but also how 'bout a little somethin' on what it is you would like to achieve or whichever shortcomings in your existing system you'd like to correct.

In any case, welcome to the forum; good to have you onboard.

noddin0ff
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Keeper! Welcome.

Dusty Chalk
01-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Doh! Yeah, that introductory email is older -- we no longer have an introductions forum. Here is fine. And: welcome.

JoeE SP9
01-22-2007, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the madhouse. Ask any question you want. You will certainly get lots of answers. Maybe, one or two will actually apply!:ihih:

basite
01-22-2007, 10:50 AM
yeah, welcome to the gang,
the more info, the better we can help,
so bring it on.

usually someone will always answer to all your questions, but it can take a while sometimes* (a day or 3 sometimes longer), we are quite lazy :)
and we're too obsessed with music,
or we're just finetuning our system again... :cornut:

anyways, hope you'll like it here.

*most of the time there is someone who will answer your question within a few moments

now,
Keep them spinning,
Bert.