Help!!! Connect My Laptop to Stereo? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Connect My Laptop to Stereo?

JamoDenver
01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I would like to use a wireless connection from my laptop to stereo. I know it can be done but not sure of the best route.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a product? I currently have a Linsys Wireless G router connected to my cable modem for internet connection. Can I use any part of that?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ericl
01-19-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.audioreview.com/wirelesscrx.aspx
or
http://www.audioreview.com/usbdaccrx.aspx

recoveryone
01-20-2007, 05:18 PM
I would like to use a wireless connection from my laptop to stereo. I know it can be done but not sure of the best route.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a product? I currently have a Linsys Wireless G router connected to my cable modem for internet connection. Can I use any part of that?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you give a few more details on what your looking to do:

1. Stream music (from laptop to AVR)
2. Stream music (from laptop to AVR)

JamoDenver
01-20-2007, 09:43 PM
I would like to simply play my downloaded music from my laptop through my stereo without a wired connection. My laptop has a wireless card and I am hoping to connect a wireless router/modem to an AUX input on my receiver. I have seen a few products that can do this but was hoping someone had some experience with specific devices and setup.

I have a Windows based laptop and a Marantz SR8000 Receiver.

Hope this helps explain my situation.

Thanks for the help.

recoveryone
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
well my friend there is a wide range of options and prices along with the quality of sound that cover this area. The link Ericl is a start of some of the devices that will do what you want. So you can go with low end side of this:

linksys Mp101 wired/wireless DAR (analog outputs only) get them ebay for less than $50 (has screen to see whats playing)

Creative labs and others have similar products (but no screen) must use TV to view selections

And there is the music/video players that stream both.

Now for quality of sound, look at Slim Devices Squeeze box ($300) or even their highend Transporter ($2k)