Infinity vs Boston Acoustics Systems [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity vs Boston Acoustics Systems

bdr98
01-19-2007, 08:34 AM
I am a newbie here and appreciate all the information I have found searching through the various forums. I would like any feedback on these two systems or if I am missing another brand that is better for the same price. I am finishing my basement and my family room is basically 20 x 17. I am using in-ceiling speakers for the rear surround to keep everything clean. The LCR will be placed in built-ins. I will be powering the system with the Pioneer 1016-TSXV. I will be using this system for HT poruposes 80% of the time. I have narrowed it down to the Infinity and Boston Acoustics systems. I have also put together a Polk, HTD.com and JBL systems that fall into this price range but I keep coming back to these two. Thank you....

Infinity

Front - Primus P162 $200.00
Center-Primus PC250 $125.00
Rear - ERS 110IIS $169.00
Subwoofer - PS10 $254.00
$748.00

Boston Acoustics

Front - CR75 $149.00
Center - CRC $99.00
Rear - DSI455 $149.00
Subwoofer-HSU-STF2 $319.00
$716.00

PS. prices qouted are what I have found by shopping the internet.

GMichael
01-19-2007, 01:08 PM
I like my Infinity's very much. They're a great bang for the buck speaker. The ones you are looking at are the next generation. From what I've read, they are the same components in a nicer box.

But, I'm not sure how they stack up to the Boston Acoustics. I have not heard the models you are looking at.
Have you heard both? What were your likes and dislikes of them?

Oh, and welcome to AR.:idea:

audio_dude
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
yeah, welcome to AR man, can I just throw in the new paradigm line in there too?

Ok, well, it might be a little over your budget, but you should still audition them!

blackraven
01-21-2007, 12:22 AM
My friend has a boston system and it sounds real nice. The center channel could be better though. I'm partial to paradigm as well, although you will pay more for it than the infinity and boston. Paradigm has very good center channel speakers. Just buy what sounds good to you and listen to alot of center speakers because that is the most important speaker in home theater.

If your considering the infinity primus, look at the infinity beta's. They sound much better and can be found online for about the same price of the primus. I would at least consider them for the front speakers- beta 10's or beta 20's. They have much fuller bass and are more detailed.

bdr98
01-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the input. I will take a look at the Paradigms. Is there a certain model I should be looking at the would be in my price range?

hastie
01-24-2007, 04:16 AM
hey mate trust me i know how you feel, its hard making decisions with this kind of thing... i own a pair of boston Cr-7's, and they are a few nice pair of loud speakers...... Good,clear and crisp!!!!