My Trusted Advisors [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Trusted Advisors

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2007, 03:53 PM
After all of the praise received here, I picked up The Decemberists, The Crane Wife today on blind faith and trust.

I LOVE IT!

bobsticks
01-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, I'm not sure that "advisors" with an "s" is appropriate as it was really Swish who flogged this from the beginning (it was wasn't it? and where has Davey been?) That said I agree, thanks Swish-baby.

Slosh
01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
After all of the praise received here, I picked up The Decemberists, The Crane Wife today on blind faith and trust.
Weren't you one of the people that d/l'ed my YEC? Not completely blind, eh?

FWIW I had this album months before it was released and am sure I mentioned a thing or two about it as well.

NP: Mastodon - Blood Mountain

JDaniel
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
It is available on vinyl. I've had it in my shopping cart, and almost hit send twice this week. I'm trying not to buy any new vinyl right now, but it is so dang tempting.

JD

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2007, 07:27 PM

FWIW I had this album months before it was released and am sure I mentioned a thing or two about it as well.

The crazy thing is that the reason that I wanted your YEC was to test drive all those Decemberist tracks. Unfortunately, I just never got around to the actual download part of the equation. So, I haven't heard your YEC.

I long for those good old days when all you had to do was open your mailbox and the comps would magically appear.

Swish
01-19-2007, 04:42 PM

I have a hard time keeping up with new releases and you, or dbi, or somebody, mentioned it was out. I have the 2 previous ceedees and like them just fine, so I was on it like white or rice, like cold on ice, like spots on dice, like fuzz on mice. This may be my favorite of the three, although I can't say for sure.

Swish

NP: Voices in my head.

Slosh
01-19-2007, 07:43 PM
This may be my favorite of the three, although I can't say for sure.You must be missing one :p
1.Castaways & Cutouts
2. Her Majesty
3. Picaresque
4. The Crane Wife
+
a couple of worthy EPs in between

Personally I like # 1 and #3 the best but they're all full o' goodness.

NP: Stephen Malkmus - s/t

bobsticks
01-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry Sloshy. Looking back I see that your YEC did, in fact, predate Swish's ravings. I even got the thing so no excuses other than general cranial disorder. No soup for me, eh.

Cheers

NP: Over the Rhine~Drunkard's Prayer

Swish
01-20-2007, 10:45 AM
You must be missing one :p
1.Castaways & Cutouts
2. Her Majesty
3. Picaresque
4. The Crane Wife
+
a couple of worthy EPs in between

Personally I like # 1 and #3 the best but they're all full o' goodness.

NP: Stephen Malkmus - s/t

And I don't have it actually. I should has said that I have C & C and Picaresque. I prefer the former to the latter, and The Crane Wife may edge it out for tops in my book, although it's too soon for that, and it really doesn't matter since they're all pretty good.

Thanks for setting me straight. I really need a vacation!

Swish

NP: Manitoba - Up in Flames