Bang and Olufsen Beogram 4004 Turntable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bang and Olufsen Beogram 4004 Turntable

Bingo
01-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Since I no longer play vinyl recordings I would like to sell my Bang and Olufsen turntable with two good cartridges. The cartridges are diamond chip MMC 2066 and both are in excellent condition. The turntable is a lateral tracking one that is still functioning perfectly....This turntable is in excellent operating condition. If anyone reading this knows of someone who has an interest in vinyl, I would appreciate them getting in touch with me for more details. I also have a very large vinyl collection of mostly classical music, symphonic, concerti, ballet music as well as chamber music and easy listening. Perhaps someone might like to take a look sometimes. At 83 years of age I find the CD much more convenient for my listening sessions and have phased out playing vinyl.
Old Man Bingo

JoeE SP9
01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Can you be more specific about the vinyl? Where are you located?:cool:

Feanor
01-18-2007, 11:35 AM
.... I also have a very large vinyl collection of mostly classical music, symphonic, concerti, ballet music as well as chamber music and easy listening. Perhaps someone might like to take a look sometimes. At 83 years of age I find the CD much more convenient for my listening sessions and have phased out playing vinyl.
Old Man Bingo

... to find CD much more convenient. (Heck, I do, and I'm only 61.)

Nevertheless I did squander about $300 recently to revive a dead TT -- mainly so I could record my smallish LP collection to computer files -- which are even more convenient than CD.

Bingo
01-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Can you be more specific about the vinyl? Where are you located?:cool:
I am located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast - Ocean Springs, MS to be exact...I'm about 100 miles east of New Orleans and about 65 miles west of Mobile, AL... I doubt if I could crate all these LPs...so it would probably have to be a pick up if anyone wanted them. As a rough guess, it must be about 10 ft. of LPs perhaps less, perhaps more......
Best always,
Bingo

JoeE SP9
01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh well! I'm in Philadelphia PA. Were you within 300 miles or so I would be there and making an offer. How did you survive Katrina.:cool:

audio_dude
01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
how much you want for the TT bingo?

make me an offer, i'm looking to replace my current one.

Bingo
01-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh well! I'm in Philadelphia PA. Were you within 300 miles or so I would be there and making an offer. How did you survive Katrina.:cool:

The devastation from Katrina along the Mississippi Gulf Coast was unbelievable...but I am one of the fortunate ones that did not get more than minor roof damage...I had no water from above or below...and I'm really grateful! It will take years before the Gulf Coast is back to 'normal' and even then it will never be the same. Hundreds of beautiful old homes are gone. Not far from where I live, on a beachfront, many beautiful homes have vanished or become rubble.

Bingo
01-20-2007, 02:38 AM
how much you want for the TT bingo?

make me an offer, i'm looking to replace my current one.

I note that you are in Canada. I forgot to indicate that whoever might want to buy my TT it will have to be a pickup. At my age, 83, I can no longer contend with packaging and shipping...but its my fault for not saying that. But you might help me by telling me what you believe a Beogram (Bang and Olufsen) 4004 with two cartridges and in good working order is worth. I paid about $1200.00 for it in 1980...and it was sent to the factory in 1990 to refurbish it with new belts etc. ...it has never been abused or misused. It might have some value beyond the actual one - but I am not yet set on a price.
Nolan

JoeE SP9
01-20-2007, 09:02 AM
The devastation from Katrina along the Mississippi Gulf Coast was unbelievable...but I am one of the fortunate ones that did not get more than minor roof damage...I had no water from above or below...and I'm really grateful! It will take years before the Gulf Coast is back to 'normal' and even then it will never be the same. Hundreds of beautiful old homes are gone. Not far from where I live, on a beachfront, many beautiful homes have vanished or become rubble.

It's good to hear from someone who didn't get washed out by Katrina. The national news made it seem as though everything was wasted.:confused5:

Superdave
05-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Picked up a B&O 4004 turntable .Is in excelent condition when I bought it , was still being used by the 79 year man , original owner,that I bought it from . Changed an few belts and think it is great . I hear different comments on this table .It has MMC 20EN stylisis .
When I opened it up I was blown away as to how complictaed this turn table is .My son is an Industarial desiger and he could not believe the detail .
What are peoples thoughts .
I have about 20 hours on it already and works sounds great .

SD

Mash
05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
I bought a Thorens/SME/B&O cart c1974 and after a while I disliked that B&O cart. So I scratched B&O off my list. The Beograms were sharp. $1200 in 1980? I bought a nice new Buick in 1981 for $7500.

Feanor
05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I bought a Thorens/SME/B&O cart c1974 and after a while I disliked that B&O cart. So I scratched B&O off my list. The Beograms were sharp. $1200 in 1980? I bought a nice new Buick in 1981 for $7500.
My attitude towards B&O back in that day was that it was primarily domestic art, not audio.