Anyone catch the Shins on SNL last night? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch the Shins on SNL last night?

Swish
01-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I intended to watch, but I was awake at about 4 AM on Saturday (don't ask) and, as much as I tried to stay awake, I passed out before the Shins appeared. SNL is a mere shadow of its former self, so I was bored to tears anyway, and the six-pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale that I drank during the Eagles game had me feeling pretty well shot by that time.

Oh, if you have Sirius, they'll be on Left of Center this coming Wednesday.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I didn't know that they were going to be on. We got home around 12:40, turned on SNL and they were just coming on. What a nice surprise. So we heard their second song. I don't have a track list for the new CD so I don't know the name of the song they played but I did recognize it from the new (upcoming) CD. They did a nice job, if not overwheming. Hubby wasn't too impressed, but he's not as big a fan as I am.

I'm betting that you can find it on You Tube.

JoeE SP9
01-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I had never heard of them so I listened with an open mind. I was not impressed! :cornut:

3-LockBox
01-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I haven't watched a full episode of SNL in a long while, and when I do tune in, it's as funny as a Hurricane Katrina update. Lorne Micheals was so quick to shew away his some of his 90s cast for the ones they have now, but these guys are as bad as the 80-82 cast. Jimmy Falon sucks so bad, he thinks its sooo cute when eyeballs his cue-cards for an entire skit...and he's supposed to be the star cast member...the writing is as lame as its ever been and the only clame to fame this recent ensemble has to its credit is Asslee Chimpson's lip-syncing fiasco. Micheals has lost his touch and I think its finally time to put this show out of its misery. At least Ed Sullivan had the sense to die.

Dusty Chalk
01-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Is that who that was? I thought they were kind of boring, yet the music was well done. I probably just wasn't in the mood for them.