Smoke vs Perfume [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Smoke vs Perfume

JohnMichael
01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I just left my favorite camera store before completing the purchase. One of the shoppers had so much perfume/cologne that I now have a headache. In the store I became light headed because it was so strong. If we are going to stamp out smoking in public buildings let us start a campaign to educate people about the proper amout of scents to wear. I should have known as I opened the door and it smelled like an entire Bath and Body Works shop on one person that I should not go in the store. I can not imagine what it must be like for someone with repiratory problems or allergies. I am sure if I stop back the customer will be gone but the scent will still fill the air.:yikes:

paul_pci
01-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Could you imagine being stuck on a fight with that person for 5 hours or so?

basite
01-14-2007, 03:53 AM
worse,
my previous teacher English had the same problem, (she should be retired by now, but I guess she forgot) I always came home with a headache, now (this year) we have another teacher, she smells less :) but really, we can smell wether that teacher has been in the classroom, we can smell her coming from, thank god we have windows in the classrooms...

no, wait, I forgot something,
the teacher was always wearing more than one kind of perfume, really, it didn't only give us a headache, it stunk too!!!

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

bobsticks
01-14-2007, 06:31 AM
I just left my favorite camera store before completing the purchase. One of the shoppers had so much perfume/cologne that I now have a headache. In the store I became light headed because it was so strong. If we are going to stamp out smoking in public buildings let us start a campaign to educate people about the proper amout of scents to wear. I should have known as I opened the door and it smelled like an entire Bath and Body Works shop on one person that I should not go in the store. I can not imagine what it must be like for someone with repiratory problems or allergies. I am sure if I stop back the customer will be gone but the scent will still fill the air.:yikes:

Hey JM,

...and just what do you think that saucy-smelling strumpet was going to take pictures of? :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2007, 07:37 AM
I've never really understood why people wear perfume or cologne at all. Why spray scented chemicals on your body? Just shower regularly and wear an anti-persperant/deoderant (preferably unscented). That's all that's needed.

noddin0ff
01-14-2007, 07:37 AM
I don't smoke, don't particularly like smoke, but I'd rather sit in a smoky bar than next to someone whose over done there perfume and/or cologne. I had a sales rep tell me he put it on thick so people would remember him...hmmm.

Dusty Chalk
01-15-2007, 03:24 AM
I sympathize -- I avoid those people just as avidly as I avoid smokers.
I've never really understood why people wear perfume or cologne at all. Why spray scented chemicals on your body? Just shower regularly and wear an anti-persperant/deoderant (preferably unscented). That's all that's needed.Funnily enough (you can put this on "things that DC and FA have in common"), that's almost exactly what I do.

Resident Loser
01-15-2007, 11:05 AM
...when I've spent $200 an ounce, everybody is going to know what I'm wearing...just like all the "designer" duds that proclaim their lineage in four-inch letters...

As I recall there was at least one restaurant that banned "Giorgio" some time back...

jimHJJ(...conspicuous consumerism?...)

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
...when I've spent $200 an ounce, everybody is going to know what I'm wearing...just like all the "designer" duds that proclaim their lineage in four-inch letters...

As I recall there was at least one restaurant that banned "Giorgio" some time back...

jimHJJ(...conspicuous consumerism?...)

See? That's what I don't get. Why would you spend $200 an ounce for something that makes you smell?

If I'm gonna spend $200 an ounce on something, I'd better be having some damn fine hallucinations by the end of the night. :thumbsup:

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Funnily enough (you can put this on "things that DC and FA have in common"), that's almost exactly what I do.

It's just like looking in a mirror. :wink5:

Resident Loser
01-15-2007, 01:06 PM
... Why would you spend $200 an ounce for something that makes you smell?...

,,,there's a line in the original movie "The Producers" where Zero Mostel yells out his window "When you got it baby, flaunt it"...y'know sorta' like Florian...

jimHJJ(...never understood it myself...and probably never will...)

icarus
01-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I totally agree that cologne is very offensive to a lot people, but the Axe spray is even worse. When I was in the locker room after working out and some one decides to spray on the Axe, the entire room becomes unbearable, even more so than a person wearing colgne or perfume. at least smokers don't fill the room with their oder, its only a small area surrounding them.

DOWN WITH SCENTED PEOPLE

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I totally agree that cologne is very offensive to a lot people, but the Axe spray is even worse. When I was in the locker room after working out and some one decides to spray on the Axe, the entire room becomes unbearable, even more so than a person wearing colgne or perfume. at least smokers don't fill the room with their oder, its only a small area surrounding them.

DOWN WITH SCENTED PEOPLE

My husband bought some Tag spray (the same as Axe). He wore it twice before I put a stop to it. He would be upstairs when he sprayed it on, and I could smell it downstairs. That stuff is just awful.

basite
01-16-2007, 12:55 PM

DOWN WITH SCENTED PEOPLE

yep, same here,
only here (at school, with all the f*cked up teens) they also tend to use the axe spray (in combination with something that makes fire) to temporarily "set the wall on fire", last time they fired up a sock,

dammit,

Where are we going?

i mean, can't people do anything normal, like us?

stupid f*cked up teens,
Greetings,
Bert.

(I'm not saying that all the Belgians are like this, really, there are normal people here too:cornut: )