FA told me to. :) the question that is killing me. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : FA told me to. :) the question that is killing me.

Kam
01-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Hiya all you RR's! I'm from the FF side of things and figured to ask you musically inclined ones this question:

Ok, in the TV Spot trailer for Freedom Writers, there's a song, i can't identify it!! Does anyone know what it is?
and not the main trailer, which i know has the Common song A Dream, and Sia's Breath, but the smaller 1min trailer.
I know the chorus seems to be taken from the Zeppelin song d'yer mak'er,
"but i love you so..... can't let you go..."
but with more of an rb/hophop beat to the song. i've searched everywhere on imdb, soundtrack.net, and no one has it up yet. if anyone's seen this and knows the song, you will bring peace to my frantic mind.
thanks!!!
k2

edit: of course i might have the lyrics wrong, but it at least sounds similar to something like that... the beat is similar to (but not) like the black eyed pea's song Where is the Love, if that helps.

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, at least you didn't say that the devil made you do it. :devil:

Hey guys, even if you can't help Kam, be nice to him. He's a fellow Lostie whose addiction is even worse than mine (if that's possible).

bobsticks
01-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey Kam,

Sorry no responese for you, at least not one with any relevant info...just sayin "hey" (Mom always told me to be civil)

Cheers

kexodusc
01-14-2007, 12:47 PM
It's not "Before I Let You Go" by Freestyle, is it?

Kam
01-14-2007, 01:39 PM
It's not "Before I Let You Go" by Freestyle, is it?

nope! i just looked it up. not that one. i think its definitely a hiphop/rb artist, and either something i missed from recent history or something very new. but i haven't heard it on the radio and have looked on the billboard charts and haven't found any ideas from the charts there.

i'm really stumped, if i could just hear it once more!!! and the trailer doesn't have any of the lyrics on it, just the beat! but i know its a guy singing the song in a very hiphop style, and then a girl sings the chorus in a very classic ballad type style.

i tried Blackstreet's "Before I let you go" as well and it wasn't that.

3-LockBox
01-14-2007, 03:37 PM
try looking it up on YouTube

that's how I found the theme to the Geico commercial, "caveman in the airport", a little ditty by Royksopp Something To Remind Me.

Kam
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
argh, i just tried that too... nothing yet. am trying other searches on youtube, but no one has the tv trailer up, just the theatrical trailer.

if anyone has timewarner cable on demand (and time and curiosity) i saw the trailer while looking for the song on the AOL Music On Demand channel on Cable. It was before the Christina Aguillera song "Hurt" (which obviously wasnt it), but you can hear it there.

i can't believe i can't find it, it's gotta be somewhere!

i did find a strange asian rap group rapping in korean(i think?) and english with a performance video though hehe.

Edit - and thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help!

edit#2: so far i've found it is NOT
Usher - can't let you go
Fabolous - can't let you go
ian van dahl - i can't let you go
freestyle - before i let you go
blackstreet - before i let you go
cuishe - can't let you go
1Tym - can't let you go
inxs - never let you go
3rd eye blind - never let you go
ATB - let you go (although i liked this song)
3 Doors Down - If i let you go

Kam
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
ok.... so... as mentioned afore by FA concerning my addiction... i taped the trailer and put it up on youtube, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlD3SQ1s4Hs

the video is crap, its just pointed at the speaker, but you'll hear the music.... so.... anyone know what this is? :)

edit: for some reason when i click on it it says unavailable the first two times, but the third time you click on it, it loads just fine.

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I know that the songs in commercials often aren't in the movies, however, on IMDB it shows "Original Music by...Mark Isham and RZA. When you click on RZA it tells you that he's Co-founder of the hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan. Since you say that the music has a hip hop beat to it, you might want to try searching around this RZA dude.

Kam
01-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I know that the songs in commercials often aren't in the movies, however, on IMDB it shows "Original Music by...Mark Isham and RZA. When you click on RZA it tells you that he's Co-founder of the hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan. Since you say that the music has a hip hop beat to it, you might want to try searching around this RZA dude.

Mark Isham is incredible. his score to Crash was unbelievable. RZA (rizzah) is a leeetle bit more of a hard sound than i think this is? i'm still lookin!! :)

Dusty Chalk
01-15-2007, 04:57 AM
No, RZA probably indeed did the background music -- I'm familiar with his work. I think he did some stuff for Kill BIll.

kexodusc
01-15-2007, 05:00 AM
I give up, Kamster, but damn this movie seems a helluva lot like "Dangerous Minds"...

Dusty Chalk
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Uh...I watched the video, but I didn't hear any lyrics, or is that in another part of the commercial that you didn't put up?

Kam
01-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Uh...I watched the video, but I didn't hear any lyrics, or is that in another part of the commercial that you didn't put up?

that's it for that trailer, they don't use the whole song, just that opening to it. i havent heard the song on the radio or anywhere else to recall any of the lyrics other than those few lines from the chorus.
if it helps any, she drags on the last sylable...

but i love you soooooooooo... can't let you gooooooooo.....

ugh, this is burning my brain!

Stone
01-17-2007, 08:31 AM
No idea, but I play fantasy football too.

dean_martin
01-17-2007, 10:08 AM
the Freedom Writers website had a link to its myspace page which seems to have a lot of info. dig around there or post a comment and you might discover the answer to the question that is troubling you.

http://www.myspace.com/freedomwritersmovie

good luck, Kam

GMichael
01-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Is that, "I used to love her, but I had to kill her."? No? OK.

Kam
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
FOUND IT!!!! WOOHOO!!! Ok, so someone finally figured it out what it was, and i was apparently off on those lyrics, its Where'd You Go, by Fort Minor.
and the actual lyrics were

where'd you goooooo.... i miss you sooooo.....

so i was way off, but i got the vowel ending right at least. :)

thanks to all for your help!!