The Decemberists on Scrubs? Is this good... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Decemberists on Scrubs? Is this good...

Swish
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM
...news or bad? I was channel surfing during commercials and heard "And I will hang my head, hang my head....", the opening track on The Crane Wife of course. I guess we all like to see our favorite indie bands make it big, but we also really don't because the snob appeal goes with it, at least that's the way I see it. I suppose that's a selfish attitude, but that's how I feel regardless.

The Crane Wife is one fine ceedee though. I've had "The Perfect Crime" stuck in my head for the last couple weeks. What a great friggin' tune. "It was a perfect, a perfect, a perfect, a perfect, a perfect, a perfect, a perfect, a perfect criiiiiime!!!!"

Swish

Slosh
01-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Hard not to notice more and more indie bands being used in TV shows/ads. Indie certainly isn't all that indie anymore, but I always think it's a good thing when the general public gets exposed to music that seldom gets radio play, even if it is only 30 seconds worth. What annoys me is when TV over-uses good songs. Case in point: Doves' "Words" on those NFL Network spots that run six hundred and fourteen times a game. Urrg!

NP: Iron & Wine - Wiltern Theatre - Los Angeles, CA 10/18/05