BCS Championship Game...and other bowls [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BCS Championship Game...and other bowls

dean_martin
01-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow! Who saw that coming? Maybe the Meeechigan fans were right. It would've been more competitive. What if 'SC had beaten their crosstown rival? Was there too much down time between the end of the regular season and the championship game? (Had to be too much down time because the last post on college football is in the archives.)

Fiesta Bowl - Boise St. going for the win in OT - now that's college football!

Sugar Bowl - LSU - 2nd best team in the country? Or, was Notre Dame the worst team to make a BCS bowl.

Did anyone watch the Louisville/WF game?

How about that Georgia comeback against VT?

Now it's back to business. Signing day is just around the corner.

kexodusc
01-09-2007, 05:08 AM
I dunno Dean - seemed a little over half of the people at the bar I was at was picking Florida to "upset" - I was caught a bit off-guard by this, but these are die hard football fans. Seems the casual fan who only watches the Bowl games and ESPN highlights was in the OSU camp. Makes me wonder if these were the same outraged fans that got upset over Florida getting picked over Michigan.
As for Michigan - can we finally put to end all the crap about them "being robbed" and Florida not deserving to be there?
Boise St. - that will go down as the highlight of the season for me, and I'm a Sooners fan.
13-0. Who saw that coming?

bobsticks
01-09-2007, 05:22 AM
As for Michigan - can we finally put to end all the crap about them "being robbed" and Florida not deserving to be there?

It's what they get for having a qb named "Chad". I grew up in East Grand Rapids and everyone I ever met named "Chad" was a sissy...

The preceding message was indeed an irrational expression of sour grapes.

topspeed
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Man, Florida didn't just beat OSU, they took 'em behind the woodshed...and then dropped the entire woodshed on 'em!

Yeesh, what an awful game. The Big Ten is overrated. Always are. Year after year, they boast about their corn-fed, mammoth linemen and He-man linebackers. Here's a clue Big Ten: Mammoth=slow. Size is important but speed kills. Florida showed exactly that in the game. 'SC, always known for it's blazing speed, has done the exact same thing to every Big Ten opponent we've played since Carroll arrived. I can hear Mickey from the Rocky pics chanting it now: "Speed. SPEED! SPEED!!!"

Boise State was the best game of the season and quite possibly, the best game ever! Certainly, it was the most entertaining. I actually called my friend at 9:30pm to ask him, "Are you watching this?!?" The most insane ending ever. I loved it!

LSU vs. Notre Lame was predictable. Could there possibly be a more overrated progam with a more overrated coach? Oh, Weis is one of the best on the offensive side of the ball, but his defense is a joke. Always has been. The Frightened Irish get blown out by OSU, Michigan, and 'SC in the span of 12 months, and yet here they are in a BCS game. Serves 'em right (and the idiots who voted them in there). One thing that did surprise me was how big of an arm Russell has. Good Googly Moogly, that kid has a Howitzer strapped to his shoulder :yikes:! He's got Oakland Raider all over him. Too bad, he deserves better.

'SC (or more specifically JD Booty) did what I didn't think possible: They played like champions. The swarming defense that was there from Oregon State on played faster than ever and Booty actually figured out how to hit the long ball. Our running game is still suspect, but Michigan did have the best run defense in the country for a reason. Thank God their secondary wasn't as stout. It was a great game in that it served notice to the rest of the country for the '07 season.

Look out, here come the Trojans!