CD cleaners? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD cleaners?

mvhetes
02-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Recently I attampted to purchase, from Radio Shack, additional fluid for my Radio Shack-branded CD cleaner. Simple enough, but I was told that the unit I had was discontinued; therefore no fluid was available. This is also true, I later discovered, at their web site.

OK, so just what do you folks use to clean CDs and DVDs and where do you get it?

mtrycraft
02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Recently I attampted to purchase, from Radio Shack, additional fluid for my Radio Shack-branded CD cleaner. Simple enough, but I was told that the unit I had was discontinued; therefore no fluid was available. This is also true, I later discovered, at their web site.

OK, so just what do you folks use to clean CDs and DVDs and where do you get it?

You only need to clean them if they skip. But you can use a mild cleaner if you need to. Windex, dishwasher liquid, etc.

kelsci
02-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi Mtry; My newspaper has a column on one of those famous cleaning gurus on Fridays, but offhand, my "senile"mind cannot remember her name. This subject came up once before. A recommended cleaner was of all things PEANUT BUTTER. Of course I would have thought she would have specified smooth or crunchy. Imagine somebody using crunchy to clean a CD.

bturk667
02-12-2004, 09:39 AM

OK, so just what do you folks use to clean CDs and DVDs and where do you get it? Optrix, which can be purchased from mapleshaderecords .com. Its retail price is $16.95 + shipping. It comes in a two ounce spray bottle. I do not use it often, but when I do it is effective. It also works on DVD's.