Help finding Ipod cable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Ipod cable

mille162
01-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I have the Denon AVR-4306 receiver and am looking for the direct docking connection cable. This is the one that had the ipod connection on both ends. I know Denon sells this cable, but I'm looking for other lengths, does anyone know of anywhere I might be able to find some of these cables?

TIA

paul_pci
01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Are you looking for a headphone to headphone jack or a headphone to analog cables connection? Either way, just go to radio shack. Nothing special here.

mille162
01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Are you looking for a headphone to headphone jack or a headphone to analog cables connection? Either way, just go to radio shack. Nothing special here.

I'm looking for the cable that would connect to the bottom of the ipod. this is the real thin wide connector. I've only been able to find ones that go from the docking plug to USB, firewire or even RCA, I need that docking station plug on both ends

Denon calls it the akp-100:
Optional 1 meter (3.2') proprietary iPod connection cable for the AVR-4306 and S-Series models providing new connectivity for iPod users with Denon components. Connection of the cable to any compatible Denon component, permits full 'Command and Control' of the iPod with full on-screen display of all iPod data. iPod photo and video is also supported through the cable. Full access to the iPod is done via the Denon remote. Charging is also possible through the AKP-100 cable.

This would work fine, but I'm looking for a different length

Thanks again

recoveryone
01-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Does the Denon have a port for the Ipod (round) if so you may need to go to the apple store.com or Denon themselves. mine came with my receiver

mille162
01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
the connection port is the very thin long one, the same one that is on the bottom of the ipod, or the docking station. Your ipod comes with this cable but the other end is a USB. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you can see a picture of it at: http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/2410.asp

mille162
01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Does the Denon have a port for the Ipod (round) if so you may need to go to the apple store.com or Denon themselves. mine came with my receiver

Although there is a USB input, the only way I can control the ipod through my receiver and remote is if I connect it via the ipod propriety connection (same plug that's on the bottom of your ipod)

recoveryone
01-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Hmm the cable that came with my AVR has the thin Ipob connection on one end then a round (old PC round 9pin) type connection on the other end which goes into the receiver. funny (i just saw the pic from the link you posted) how there is diffirent plug for the same product and mine does the same as the Denon, allowing me to have the AVR remote control the IPOD.

mille162
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Hmm the cable that came with my AVR has the thin Ipob connection on one end then a round (old PC round 9pin) type connection on the other end which goes into the receiver. funny (i just saw the pic from the link you posted) how there is diffirent plug for the same product and mine does the same as the Denon, allowing me to have the AVR remote control the IPOD.

which model AVR do you have? I purchased it as soon as it came out and now I understand they do 1080p video (mine just does 1080i), I wonder if there were other changes too

recoveryone
01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
I have the Pioneer Elite VSX-81TX, just got it last month.