Green bottom [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Green bottom

Dharris
01-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi all, my TV is starting to act up in a weird way. I have a green blob in the bottom right hand corner (kinda like old CRT's with unshielded speakers next to the screen). During white scenes the white appears the have a greenish blue tint to it.
This TV is only a few months old and does have the after market warranty. It happens with all video sources as well. Anyone know what the problem can be?

Thank you all,
Don

edtyct
01-06-2007, 03:08 PM
It may be dust in the light engine, which a tech might be able to clean. However if it is an unreachable contamination, or a bigger problem with the optical system, you may be looking at a replacement of some kind. Don't put it off.

Dharris
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
It may be dust in the light engine, which a tech might be able to clean. However if it is an unreachable contamination, or a bigger problem with the optical system, you may be looking at a replacement of some kind. Don't put it off.

called RC willey and they told me since the TV is still under a year old, that i need to contact the manufacture, and that my TV warranty does not take effect till the one year manufactures warranty is up. mits is closed till Monday, so i will wait till then. i think you are spot on the dust diagnoses, other boards have said the same thing. thank you for responding.

Don