GFA-555II 250 watt 2 channel amp
GCD-700 5 disk digital to analog cd changer
Adcom ACE 515 Line conditioner
Just traded up from adcom pre amp to Outlaw
Energy Veritas 2.3 fronts
Klipsch KV-3 center
Klipsch SW-10 woofer
Won't even mention the meager rears
Where to put my next $600. Do I try and match the centers? Have heard that the Veritas center isn't the greatest with the 2.3 so can I match with another center? Heard that timber is important. Or do I stay with KV-3 right now and put my money into the in-ceiling energy veritas 2.0 in wall rears? This is really driving me nuts. thanks for all your help out there.

bobsticks
01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Hello railcove,

I never realised how much information and sonic coherency I was missing until I my front/center were properly timbre matched. Others here have written at length on the same thing. Let your ears tell you. If you have the opportunity for an in-home audition I would suggest that as IMO it will be of greatest benefit to your overall sound. Also, in-wall speakers often leave much to desired.

Good luck and welcome to the forum...

Tarheel_
01-05-2007, 03:59 PM
tough question because your front speakers are excellent. I'd remove the existing center channel and set the receiver for a phantom center. Then, toe-in your Veritas toward your listening position (sweet spot).
Your speakers should imagine enough to get by or they may even sound superior over your current center speaker....

This process should determine how much your in need of a center that timbre matches.

From experience, a good pair of fronts can produce a conviencing center phantom speaker. I used this method for 2 years until i saved enough for the 'right' center.

if you try this, please let everyone know the results. good luck.

oh yeah, try your best to stay within the same company when timbre matching the front array. I'd call Energy directly and ask for their advice on matching your Veritas

Dusty Chalk
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
That's some really good advice -- a free experiment that will tell anyone how well they did in timbre matching their center with their front mains.