Introductions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Gerall
01-04-2007, 09:12 PM
I could not find any introduction thread, so why not start one. I am new here and am in the process of adding equipment to my old low end system. So far I have just purchased and Adcom GFA-5000 power amp, an Adcom GFP-345 preamp, and have a pair of Paradigm 11seMKIII speakers. I'm currently in the hunt for a single cd player that will best compliment the above. I have read till my eyes bled, and, as most of us, would love to get that piece of equipment that is just too much. I have looked at the Adcom 750 and the Jolida 100 cd players, but am not at home to set up my system, so have not purchased anything yet. Any suggestions on what would be a good cd player and what pricerange I should be looking at. I realize that a 100 dollar player would be rediculous and a 10000 dollar one unrealistic. I am looking to spend up to 800 for one.

Carl Reid
01-04-2007, 11:07 PM
I could not find any introduction thread, so why not start one. I am new here and am in the process of adding equipment to my old low end system. So far I have just purchased and Adcom GFA-5000 power amp, an Adcom GFP-345 preamp, and have a pair of Paradigm 11seMKIII speakers. I'm currently in the hunt for a single cd player that will best compliment the above. I have read till my eyes bled, and, as most of us, would love to get that piece of equipment that is just too much. I have looked at the Adcom 750 and the Jolida 100 cd players, but am not at home to set up my system, so have not purchased anything yet. Any suggestions on what would be a good cd player and what pricerange I should be looking at. I realize that a 100 dollar player would be rediculous and a 10000 dollar one unrealistic. I am looking to spend up to 800 for one.

Welcome to AR! I'm sure you will find lot's of suggestions here...

Are you looking only for new CD players or are you open to purchasing used as well?

In New CDs Under 800.... the popular choices are Marantz (my personal favourite), NAD and Cambridge Audio.... Not Sure but I think Rotel might also be around $800....

Anyway, you have a lot of options in that price range new and especially if you go used....

Gerall
01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I have no problem with used equipment. I have purchased all of mine in that state. I will check around and see what I can find. I am in no hurry as I am wintering in Mexico and wont return to Canada until April. So until then I am stuck listening to my pc music or ipod....:17:

Carl Reid
01-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I have no problem with used equipment. I have purchased all of mine in that state. I will check around and see what I can find. I am in no hurry as I am wintering in Mexico and wont return to Canada until April. So until then I am stuck listening to my pc music or ipod....:17:

Cool, when you're back in Canada... I suggest looking on this site:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/

They're a good site for finding used gear locally....

Good Luck...

jrhymeammo
01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I couldnt be happier with my Marantz SA8001.
This is the place I got it within your budget.
http://www.amsound2.com/

J-Murda