Help Wanted: Problem with Marantz SR685 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted: Problem with Marantz SR685

raymondq
02-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi All,

Recently I found that my receiver seems to be "sick". The audio of both channels is shut off for couple seconds then back on again. I can hear the clicking sound of the rally (?) when the audio is on and off. This usually happened when I first turned the receiver on (still cold?). After a while (~10 times of the problem), everything seems to be OK.

There is no shortage of the speaker cables/IC, or even the speakers themselves.

Does anyone know what is going on and know a way to fix it? As I remembered, I once had it fixed by some technician with the similar problem (the receiver shutting itself off), but I forgot to ask him where the problem is or which part went wrong.

Thanks for any help or advise.

Raymond

markw
02-12-2004, 03:51 AM
Oh, were it that simple. The day of user servicable equipment is pretty much gone.

Sorry to say, but unless you really, really know your way around inside one of these things and have the required equipment and experience, there's not much us poor users can do. It's time to get hold of a qualified service tech.

Either that, or relpace the unit.

Having the unit go down twice for the same problem would make me want to consider replacment, particularly when weighing the cost to repair vs. the cost to replace with a comprable unit.

...wish I could have been more helpful, but...