Marantz DVD 930 Upgrade [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz DVD 930 Upgrade

NiSho
01-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Nubie here and first post. I know this topic has been discussed at one point or another so bear with me for a sec. I have read that i can send this DVD 930 player in to Marantz and have them upgrade it such that it will play the newer DVD's. Can anyone confirm this? and if so exactly how do i go about getting this done? Just ship it to marantz and ask for a software upgrade?
Thanks folks!

edtyct
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
What do you mean by "newer disks"? Back in 1999, the Marantz 930 was unable to read some of the latest disks, like Gladiator and Alien. I can't remember why. But Marantz did factory upgrades by appointment. Those disks are no longer "new," and no other developments since then would seem to qualify for player modification. I hope that you're not referring to hi def DVDs.

NiSho
01-05-2007, 04:51 AM
No, im not referring to hi def dvds. I recently bought the Little Mermaid and Madagascar for my daughter and both will not play on the 930 but will play on a cheapie DVD player i bought about 2 years ago. I have other movies that i have purchased recently and they work just fine. I need to check and see if gladiator will play on my 930. if it does i will assume that this player did receive the original upgrade you mentioned.