Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand

pkats
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Recently had the pleasure of auditioning these speakers and was really impressed! :biggrin5: I was and am skeptical about less than 3-way speakers producing quality full-range sound at louder volumes. But, after hearing the Quad 22L (on my short list) and now the Bach Grands this opinion is changing. The Grands centering and imaging was outstanding but they also produced an excellent, full soundstage (hope I am getting these terms right!). They also produced impressive, punchy bass for such a small speaker and they look great. The really surprising thing was how they handled heavier rock and fusion recordings without distorting. I felt like I could listen to these speakers forever.

But.... I heard the Grands in a room with tons of acoustic treatment and on a system worth thousands of $ more (Plinius power amp, Cardas cables, power conditioning, etc., etc,) than my system.
I am wondering if anyone has these speakers at home and can relate their experience with them. What are your components, room size, listening tastes, and experience with the company in general? I am going to try and do a home demo if possible.

Thanks for any and all input.

Dusty Chalk
01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Take one for the team! You should do it (especially since you listen to heavier rock and fusion -- finally, some listening impressions that are pertinent to me).

Florian
01-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Now which Grand are we talking about here ;-)