Pure Acoustics anyone? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pure Acoustics anyone?

BC Dave
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I was in The Source by Circuit City on Dec. 30 and I saw some Pure Acoustics Junior F towers (twin 6.5 inch woofers and a one-inch silk dome tweeter) on for half-price -- $100 a pair. They weren't even hooked up but I couldn't resist spending $100 in Christmas money that I still had. I hooked them up at home expecting them to be barely decent at best and... I was blown away. They absolutely kill the Paradigm Titans version 4s that I had hooked up. The sound is actually amazing for the money -- sweet, clear, non-fatiguing treble and natural-sounding midrange. Not sure about the bass because I have a hefty sub hooked up to the system, but they sound much "bigger" than the Paradigms. They stay sweet at high volumes, even with the AC/DC torture test.The cabinets are a little light but the Junior Fs look well-made (in China). Anybody else heard Pure Acoustics? For the price of a nice dinner out I am amazed. We spent more on dinner ingredients for New Year's Eve!

emorphien
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Never heard of or seen em, but who cares? If you got a good deal on them and you like them that's great! The titans are a decent little speaker, but I find them outclassed these days by other speakers in the same price range and they do have a smaller, less dynamic sound.

Just stumbled across their site, they look reasonably attractive given the blurred out pictures they have. Reasonable specs (assuming true). The site is a bit weird though. Anyway, the important part is that you like them. I can't imagine they're a bad deal for $100 new.