Sound deading a room [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sound deading a room

PaDave
01-01-2007, 08:01 AM
My HT room is 22x15, i have 7, 6' tall bay windows, and my room is all OAK wood Paneling. I have a 8' couch, two recliners, and wall to wall carpet. The question i have is this, I want to get more sound and less vibration, how can i do this, i am investing in some better cutains for the windows but i would like some more advice anyone?

jrhymeammo
01-01-2007, 11:21 AM
I want to get more sound and less vibration

I dont quite understand what you mean by this.

PaDave
01-01-2007, 03:14 PM
i want to get more sound outta my room and not so much Hall effect i think would be what i mean. Like echo

mlsstl
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
There are lots of ways to make a room less acoustically "live." Some companies sell specific products - do a Google search for "acoustic panels" and you'll get a lot to chose from.

However, not everyone is willing to sacrifice decor, especially if your situation involves a spouse or significant other who isn't quite as dedicated to sound as you. You can explore soft wall hangings - tapestries would be a good example and range from medieval hunt scenes to something more modern. Additional fabric furniture is another option. Asian style room screens are yet another option to break up a room and range in style from very oriental to something more neutral.

You can also experiment with speaker placement and try bringing them further from your wall and into the room so they are closer to your listening area.

musicman1999
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
How are your speakers placed?Misstl makes some good suggestions,but it sounds like a speaker issue to me.Is this problem new or has it been long term?

bill

PaDave
01-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Standard, towers front right and left next to tv sub in left corner, center on top of tv, bookshelfs in left and right rear and center as my 6.1.

jrhymeammo
01-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Is your room carpeted? If not, get a huge rug, and place curtains over your 'dows. Hanging paintings helps alot too, but I would make sure you you art do not have glass fronts........or before you do anything, clap as loud as you can in your room, and see if you can hear severe echo-like sound. If your room is not a problem, then just whipout your credit card and max it out:ihih:

PaDave
01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Echos when i clap and yes i have carpet