Any Bryston owners here? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Bryston owners here?

DPM
12-29-2006, 11:45 PM
I have a question regarding the Bryston SP2 prepro. I currently have one on loan from the local dealer, but the remote doesn't work. The dealer has ordered another one, but it won't get here before I have to make up my mind whether or not to purchase this unit. Anyway, I can't seem to get the SP2 to retain the speaker configuration settings I enter from the buttons on the front panel. Do you have to use the remote to get the SP2 to SAVE all settings during initial setup?

SAEA501
12-30-2006, 04:30 AM
I own Bryston. I use three Bryston power amps in my system, but I drive them with a Krell processor. I never got to listen to the Bryston because I was so knocked out by the Krell I bought it. I do love the Bryston amps though.

It doesn't sound like the SP2 is making much of a first impression.

GrantK
12-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a question regarding the Bryston SP2 prepro. I currently have one on loan from the local dealer, but the remote doesn't work. The dealer has ordered another one, but it won't get here before I have to make up my mind whether or not to purchase this unit. Anyway, I can't seem to get the SP2 to retain the speaker configuration settings I enter from the buttons on the front panel. Do you have to use the remote to get the SP2 to SAVE all settings during initial setup?

I have an SP1 and have no problem saving my config. I don't use the remote. I select the speaker size (Large in my case), and when I am done, I select the "X" to go back to the previous menu. Things seem to save for me.

Grnat