Ever forget what you're listening to? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ever forget what you're listening to?

Davey
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Davey's Friday Blog: So I get home and slide some CD on the rotisserie that hadn't been rotating in a long while, and head to the kitchen to uncork one of those deliciously delightful 24oz bottles of St. Pauli Girl, and yumm, sometimes those lovely blondie blue-eyed German babes really have their way with me, and slide on in behind the computer to check on my Rave Recs buddies, and meanwhile chilling with some good tunes and some good brew, and it suddenly dawns on me about 15 minutes into the cd that I have no idea who it is. Hehehe, c'mon, I just picked it out 15 minutes ago, senility can't be staring me down so soon. But wait a minute, the singing starts and now I remember, that's my buddy Jeff Tweedy and his band of scruffy noisemakers playing "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" from A Ghost Is Born. Just a momentary lapse of reason, that's all. It's not really as bad as it sounds, no really, because you know, that song does start out sounding kind of like some cool Krautrock. Not exactly the usual Chicago wind. Man, I love these guys. Anyone heard some good Wilco news lately? New album on the way? What I heard of Loose Fur was pretty good (thanks Slosh Diddy) but I could use a new Wilco fix.

That's all for now ...

Saxophones started blowin' me down
I was buried in sound
The taxicabs were driving me around
To the handshake drugs I bought downtown
To the handshake drugs I bought downtown

JDaniel
12-29-2006, 05:14 PM
No, but I have gotten so into the music that I forgot I had Brats on the grill, only later to remember and go out to find a pile of ash.

Or worse, after a few said beers, forgot to turn off the grill (ya know, leaving it on for 5 extra minutes to clean it), only to remember it the next day when the tank is empty.

JD

Davey
12-29-2006, 05:35 PM
No, but I have gotten so into the music that I forgot I had Brats on the grill, only later to remember and go out to find a pile of ash.
Wow, that's a lot worse. Bad enough calling them brats, but to leave the kids on the fire is just inexcusable. What were you listening to?

JDaniel
12-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Wow, that's a lot worse. Bad enough calling them brats, but to leave the kids on the fire is just inexcusable. What were you listening to?

I think it was Damien Rice. Wait, maybe I was watching Damien - Omen 2. Or was it that the kids were acting like Damien. Oh, heck, I can't remember........:confused5:

I use charcoal for most of my grilling now anyway.

JD

Slosh
12-30-2006, 05:49 AM
I can't forget what I'm spinning because my SoundBridges tell me. Nearly a year later I'm still amazed by this little device sometimes. Yesterday a friend popped in for a bit and wanted to hear some Spoon so I hit browse>artist>Spoon>play all>random. Awesome. I have a ton of Spoon and not just the studio albums and EPs, but a couple of really nice concerts (FLAC) as well.

As for Wilco, the link for the concert I uploaded is still active in the "Lookie what I found" thread. It has one new song, "Impossible Germany". Snag that if you haven't already.

Dusty Chalk
01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
All the time.