Say, what ever happened to that Finch fella? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Say, what ever happened to that Finch fella?

Swish
12-29-2006, 10:05 AM
I was just going thru some old stuff that I printed out (e-mail mostly) and saw his name on one of them. He's one funny guy and was a regular contributor to the board. Anybody have a clue?

Just wondering,
Swish

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2006, 10:25 AM
I knew that something was missing this Christmas. Now I know what it was. Christmas just isn't the same without a little Elf Pee!

He used to spend time at Rocky Road and Obner. But I haven't stopped by either of those sites for a very long time so I can't say whether he's hanging there or not.

GMichael
12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Christmas just isn't the same without a little Elf Pee!

Yeah? OK, I admit it. I'd like to know the story behind this. At least, I think I would.

Mr MidFi
12-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah? OK, I admit it. I'd like to know the story behind this. At least, I think I would.

Finch Platte abbreviates to FP which sounds like "elf pee".

Sorry, but it's not any funnier than that.

Hyfi
12-29-2006, 12:00 PM
I have obseved him trading comps with his arch rival Yech at Rocky Road not too long ago. That was a surprise to me anyway.

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Finch Platte abbreviates to FP which sounds like "elf pee".

Sorry, but it's not any funnier than that.

Aw c'mon. It doesn't need to be any funnier than that. Elf Pee is pretty funny. :biggrin5:

JDaniel
12-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Actually, I asked him one time about "Finch Platte". Many of you will remember, he was one of those extreme mountain biker dudes. It's a play on words for a "Pinch Flat".

Yeah, I too was a little disappointed to learn that.

He was a regular for a long time. Would be nice to see him around again.

JD

-Jar-
12-29-2006, 01:07 PM
he certainly increased my collection of "nu metal" and even some stray emo. he always passed along a lot of good stuff.

I kinda miss the peak comp trading years, but on the other hand, there's only so much music that a brain can absorb! (and a house can hold..)

-jar

Swish
12-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I have obseved him trading comps with his arch rival Yech at Rocky Road not too long ago. That was a surprise to me anyway.

Is that what you really thought? If you're not speaking tongue-in-cheek I can tell you that they got along just fine and any battles on the board were for show. I'm much more surprised that YECH is trading comps since he used to say "Comps are ruining this board!" and Finchy really went to town with it, responding with a post that went something like "Compa, Comp, Compity, Comp, Comp" to bust his stones.

I don't have much time for this board much less getting involved on another, although I did visit both Obner and Rocky Road in the past for s<a>hits and grins, but it just didn't catch on for me, so here I will remain for as long as it exists and I exist I suppose.

Swish

Hyfi
12-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Is that what you really thought? If you're not speaking tongue-in-cheek I can tell you that they got along just fine and any battles on the board were for show. I'm much more surprised that YECH is trading comps since he used to say "Comps are ruining this board!" and Finchy really went to town with it, responding with a post that went something like "Compa, Comp, Compity, Comp, Comp" to bust his stones.

I don't have much time for this board much less getting involved on another, although I did visit both Obner and Rocky Road in the past for s<a>hits and grins, but it just didn't catch on for me, so here I will remain for as long as it exists and I exist I suppose.

Swish

It actually may be foot-in-mouth rather than toungue-in-cheek.

If you remember. The Last Waltz was to be Yech's last comp. I'm not surprised at all.

BradH
12-30-2006, 06:55 PM
He's one funny guy and was a regular contributor to the board. Anybody have a clue?

I got an email from Chip B the other day saying he just got a new comp from Finchy so he's still kicking around.

ForeverAutumn
12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
I got an email from Chip B the other day saying he just got a new comp from Finchy so he's still kicking around.

We could start a "what ever happened to Chip B?" thread too. So, it's nice to hear that Chip is alive and kicking also.

MindGoneHaywire
12-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I heard from Chip a couple of weeks ago. He's had a LOT going on over the past year or two & has had to relocate, once again incurring a hellish commute, at least time-wise. However, from what I can tell, he's safe & sound & would be around if he could. I owe him an email, so I'll see if I can't drop him a link to this thread.

With Finch--I think it's EFF PEE, as in how the two letters f p sound if you just say them, thems being the initials of his moniker. I don't think it was supposed to have anything to do with urine, although with that guy he might just take credit for it.

He is around.

Hyfi
12-31-2006, 05:36 AM
We could start a "what ever happened to Chip B?" thread too. So, it's nice to hear that Chip is alive and kicking also.

I emailed with Chip about a month ago. He sent me the last 5 installments of Blues Deluxe. More ass kickin', jamming blues from the man with one hell of a collection.

Hyfi