Panasonic 60U vs 600U [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic 60U vs 600U

dayzed74
12-28-2006, 01:08 PM
I've been looking at both of these sets and other than some features I don't care too much about (like PIP), I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on the quality difference. I've been told the 600 has a faster processor, but I haven't been able to tell when I've compared. It it really worth that much more $$?

edtyct
12-28-2006, 03:03 PM
From everything I've heard and everything I can tell, the only difference between the two is a nonessential feature set, so far as video is concerned, and physical design. In matters of color, absolute black, and grayscale, the two panels appear to be identical. I have no idea what anyone might mean by "faster processor." The two models share the same refresh rates, and speed in video processing doesn't vary unless the chipset varies. In this case, there's no reason, or indication, that they would. I've seen the 60U in action recently; I like it a lot. Panasonic contrast is exceptional still.

BillyB
12-31-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm also looking at both sets and the only major difference I could find was the more expensive version has a cable card slot so you don't need a cable box to view premium channels if you are a cable customer.My cable company charges $6 a month to rent a HD ready box and I don't have space issues so it would seem the 60U is a no-brainer if I go with Panasonic.

SAEA501
01-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I can only say this, and I'm sure you all already know it: I have a 600U, it is just tremendous. Even no def (low def) stuff looks great. I think they have used a much better scaler than previous models as it does a fine job with no def stuff. And hi def looks so good it almost hurts. Very pleased.

BillyB
01-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I can only say this, and I'm sure you all already know it: I have a 600U, it is just tremendous. Even no def (low def) stuff looks great. I think they have used a much better scaler than previous models as it does a fine job with no def stuff. And hi def looks so good it almost hurts. Very pleased.

Very glad to hear that.I will be buying the 60U in a week or two and I'm almost positive the actual picture quality of these 2 units should be identical.You must also have PIP and possibly better audio so I'm sure it's a sweet display.Enjoy