Best movie seen this Fall... "The Queen" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best movie seen this Fall... "The Queen"

Worf101
12-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I've seen Ms. Merrin play Victoria AND Elizabeth I before but man her job as Elizabeth II was/is amazing. Nobody and I do me NOBODY can be more ambivalent about "royalty" than I, unless its musical royalty (RIP James Brown) but she made me care about her and her pitiful family with this performance. Tony Blair comes across as affected but effective. Prince Charles comes across as feckless and worthless, his father is a one heartless bastard. Never got the whole Princess Diana mania that occured surrounding her death, I was more upset about Mother Theresa passing personally, but this film offers a great view into the inner workings of the Palace and it's relationship to the Prime Minister...

I loved it when she warns Blair at the end that the newspapers that adore him now will one day turn on him and demand his blood. How prophetic she was.

Da Worfster

GMichael
12-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I loved it when she warns Blair at the end that the newspapers that adore him now will one day turn on him and demand his blood. How prophetic she was.

Da Worfster

Isn't this what newspapers do? Anything to sell subscriptions.

Thanks for the review. I'll keep an eye open for it, when the DVD is available.