subwoofer setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : subwoofer setup

bncprf
12-27-2006, 06:34 AM
I've just purchased a Paradigm HT system. The subwoofer does not have a crossover bypass. Paradigm says to adjust the crossover for best sound, but my receiver manufacturer recommends setting the subwoofer crossover as high as possible so that the receiver's crossover controls the sound integration. What do you think is the best solution?

phillyguy
12-27-2006, 10:46 AM
On your receiver (assuming it is 5.1 or 7.1 capable) , you set your front speakers to small and use the receiver's crossover between your speakers and the sub. Some receivers have multiple crossover settings so just try each one and see which you like best, it will depend on your actual speakers. The only time I have ever used the cross over on the sub is for 2 channel applications where you are using speaker level inputs. Post more specifics on your receiver, speakers and sub, and I am sure you will get more detailed replies. Most importantly, buy a Radio Shack sound meter and calibrater your system first. This will make the biggest impact in the quality of sound. Don't forget to take time to enjoy your new system! Hope this helps.

markw
12-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I've just purchased a Paradigm HT system. The subwoofer does not have a crossover bypass. Paradigm says to adjust the crossover for best sound, but my receiver manufacturer recommends setting the subwoofer crossover as high as possible so that the receiver's crossover controls the sound integration. What do you think is the best solution?I'd recommend you follow the directions from the receiver manual. you've already stated the reason for this.