New Member with question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Member with question

Cybermerlin
12-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Hello forum,
I am new to this forum and just have one question about upgrading or keeping my old system and which mostly all Onkyo, I am having the same trouble that another member is having with his Onkyo CD player, where it spins and skips tracks. I was thinking about upgrading to a newer and better system than Onkyo, and was wondering if anyone could recommend something better than Onkyo for me.
Thanks.

Florian
12-26-2006, 06:35 PM
All depends on budget of course ;-)
The integra line would be the next step in the Onkyo line. Maybe move on to Outlaw Audio?

Mr Peabody
12-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Unless you have a "all-in-one" unit, why upgrade everything because your CD player is broke? In mass market gear, Onkyo is one of, if not, the best of them, in my opinion. I was not aware of the CD problems. Just get another player, unless you want to move up into mid to high end gear.

I also, hesitate to suggest what gear for you to look at without knowing your budget and what you already have. I would say the next progression would be brands like Rotel, Adcom, Cambridge Audio, entry Creek or Arcam.

blackraven
12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Agree with Mr. P, onkyo makes fine equipment. Just upgrade to a good CD player with decent audio cables and you will be pleasently suprised at the improvement in sound quality.