OT: Hey Dallas Cowboy fans.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hey Dallas Cowboy fans....

Swish
12-26-2006, 05:28 PM
....how do you like TO now? You got what you deserved, and so did Jimmy Jones for signing the biggest arse in the NFL. He thumped his chest when he caught that TD pass in the first half, but he wasn't saying jack-squat when he was dropping all those passes later on. Watching the Eagles dominate them for the second time this season was the best Christmas present I got this year. What made it even better was that Jeff Garcia, a quarterback he ripped in the past, played like a pro-bowler, while Tony Romo, who never should have been selected this year, played like the bench-warmer he is.

Why do teams sign cancers like Owens? Yeah, I was pretty happy when the Eagles picked him up, but even happier when they dumped him. He's leading the league in dropped passes and then blames everyone but himself for "not going to him early enough" in the game. Gee, how many passes can you drop before we stop looking for you so much?

Look at that other cancer with the Giants, Plexico Burress. He's another malcontent who left the Steelers and they go on to win the Super Bowl without him. And now he's with the Giants, and they're going nowhere fast after getting hammered by the Eagles and the Saints in consecutive games.

Anyway, I wish the owners would just band together and refuse to sign these jerks. I know it will never happen, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?

Swish - diehard Eagles fan

ericl
12-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Ouch! That's some rough smack!! I do hate the cowboys though. So much freaking media attention and adulation it makes me want to puke.. even when the play like crap. I'm always happy to see the cowboys get waxed.

I'm an OAKLAND RAIDERS TIL THE DEATH fan but I have always had a soft spot for the Eagles. I kind of look at philly and oakland as sister cities.. gritty, working class, no BS. never the media darlings that the niners, ny giants, redskins or cowboys are.

I'm also happy to see Jeff Garcia making a comeback.. local bay area guy born and raised. Gilroy to San Jose State. He's doing great, and a lot of fun to watch! i hope he goes far in the playoffs.

oh yeah, i'ma move this thread to OT. don't get mad!

kexodusc
12-27-2006, 05:20 AM
New topic: Which QB is a worse playoff performer - McNabb or Manning?

I agree, nice to see Garcia get another shot and make the most of it. This would be a great matchup in the playoffs...I'll take the Eagles because I can't STAND Cowboys fans. Though TO is an endless supply of entertainment.

Hyfi
12-27-2006, 05:22 AM
One more good thing is that the Eagles can win games without DM. He has become a liability with season ending injuries most years. He is NOT the whole team and we can win without him. After the way JG has been playing they dare not make McNabb the starter again next year.

My question is who in their right mind would give a quarterback a Lifetime Contract? Oh yeah, the same idiots that sign people like TO.

Do you know why Donavan's mother serves him his Cambells Soup in the can?

Whenever he gets near a bowl, he chokes and pukes.

Go Eagles!

Slosh
12-27-2006, 09:35 AM
One more good thing is that the Eagles can win games without DM. He has become a liability with season ending injuries most years. He is NOT the whole team and we can win without him. After the way JG has been playing they dare not make McNabb the starter again next year.Yeah right. No one in their right mind would start Garcia over McNabb. Not to take anything away from Garcia who is obviously playing very well, but McNabb has a better arm (deep ball), is taller (less batted down passes), is stronger (harder to sack), and is quite a bit younger as well. Garcia is a perfect fit for Philly (big O-line, west coast offense, backs that can catch) but his starter days are over.

Except for the Jags and Titans games Philly's offense has been pretty good. The D-line has been awful up until recent weeks. Yes, they lost Kearse but even with him they gave up a 17 point lead in one quarter. At work I've been saying all along that there's nothing wrong with the coaching staff or player personel, but rather far too many players (D-line, mostly) just weren't playing up to their potential. Now they are. Sometimes it's hard being right all the time :D

No matter though. San Diego are so far and away better than anyone else this year that it's pretty much a moot point which NFC team makes it to Miami.

NP: 16 Horsepower - Sackcloth 'n' Ashes

GMichael
12-27-2006, 09:46 AM
No matter though. San Deigo are so far and away better than anyone else this year that it's pretty much a moot point which NFC team makes it to Miami.

NP: 16 Horsepower - Sackcloth 'n' Ashes

I like SD too, but don't count out the Ravens. They are a solid team as well.
As for TO? What goes around comes around. He's the first to put down his own teamates when they are struggling and now it's his turn. I've heard him say that everyone is picking on him because of who he is. Duh, people are picking on him because he has a big mouth and picks on everyone else.

Troy
12-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Gee, where do I start?

Being a SF Bay Area guy and big 49er fan, I warned all the Eagles fans I knew about Owens. I could only laugh and cheer when he went on to the hated Cowgirls to slaughter THAT teams chemistry too.

Owens ruined Garcia in SF. Everyone forgets that he was a pro bowler on the 49ers posting a couple of seasons worth of enormous numbers. The 49ers still haven't recovered from the Owens days when he dragged his teamates and especially Garcia thru the mud, which resulted the complete melt down and ultimate dipersal of virtually every player on that team. Garcia ended up in gulags like Cleveland and Detriot the past few years, his confidence and reputation shattered.

I've watched the last couple of Eagles games and have REALLY enjoyed Garcia's gutsy and joy-filled play. He gets SO emotional, like a little kid on the field. While he may not be the best player in the league, his infectious joy for the game and cameraderie with his teammates makes him one of my favorite players to watch here in the late season.

If Garcia doesn't end up a starter someplace next year (are you listening Tampa, Miami, Minnesota?) it will be a crime.

I see Owens in Dallas as his last chance. As that scene goes down in flames I just can't imagine any competitive, well coached team being so stupid as to pick him up. His rep here in the bay area as a "dropper of the important pass" was well documented long before he went to Philly. The spitting thing last week . . . he's a scumbag of the highest order.

And while you got me all riled up, let me just say how SICK I am of hearing about the NFC East teams. The media is based in NY and you can't seem to turn on on a ballgame without hearing bout the trials and tribulations of the Gints and the teams in their immediate orbit (NFC East). The division is as mediocre as it usually is. Teams like Balmer, San Diego and last year, Seattle continually fly under the radar, dismissed by the media. Attention ESPN and Fox: The Giants stink. Get over it and talk about some other teams for a change.

San Diego and New Orleans in the Superbowel.

In other news, get out there and see the dystopian sci fi action movie "Children of Men." Best movie I've seen in 10 years. Part Blade Runner, part Saving Private Ryan. It has deep dark meaning on religion, society and envoironment concerns combined with amazingly intense and harrowing chases and battle sequences. Truly bravura filmaking.

3-LockBox
12-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I've watched the last couple of Eagles games and have REALLY enjoyed Garcia's gutsy and joy-filled play. He gets SO emotional, like a little kid on the field. While he may not be the best player in the league, his infectious joy for the game and cameraderie with his teammates makes him one of my favorite players to watch here in the late season.

You might even say "Flutie-esque"...yes he is playing the best ball he's played in years, mainly because he's now on a good team, however...

Yeah right. No one in their right mind would start Garcia over McNabb. Not to take anything away from Garcia who is obviously playing very well, but McNabb has a better arm (deep ball), is taller (less batted down passes), is stronger (harder to sack), and is quite a bit younger as well. Garcia is a perfect fit for Philly (big O-line, west coast offense, backs that can catch) but his starter days are over.

I agree, I wouldn't pick him over McNabb, because midnight will strike for Garcia in the playoffs, and then it'll be 'wait until next year time' again for Philly. Garcia is a good backup/insurance policy to have, but in today's QB poor league, someone will offer him a contract next year, but that'll be one of those teams like the Browns or the Lions, or some other QB career killing team. I wish him luck though.

No matter though. San Diego are so far and away better than anyone else this year that it's pretty much a moot point which NFC team makes it to Miami.

I dunno 'bout that...Seattle played them close and the Chargers needed a last-ditch pass against one of the poorer pass defenses in the league to beat the Seahawks. I think the Ravens are primed again to go to the Superbowl again and win it. I wouldn't bet on an NFC team this year. I don't think Chicago could beat any of the top five AFC teams.

bobsticks
12-27-2006, 03:48 PM
You reap what you sew and TO has been so sewin' one gigantic bad karma, boo-hoo, baby blankey for years. I can't wait til he gets the boot from another team. I hear they're bringing back American Gladiators so maybe that could be a future career change.I can hear it now: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Laser, Turbo, and Slapnuts!".

I hate to admit it (being from Indiana) but I have been winning money on Seattle all year. Go 'hawks!!