My New sub! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My New sub!

powerlord
12-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Holy crap I thought the Infinity was large,this thing is like a coffee table! I have it all together,and the wood glue is drying.Tomorrow is test drive time for the Titan MKIII !!!:cornut:

Vardo
12-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Hope the test drive goes well. I just ordered a Titan MKIII kit
(10" for a second smaller home theater). For $288 and free
shipping I could not pass it up.....vardo

GMichael
12-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Congrats to both of you. I know that you will love yours as much as I love mine. It's a monster!

Try Polar Express to test it. Hang on tight to your loved ones though.

basite
12-27-2006, 10:53 AM
or try with these.
star wars 3, the first scene where the space ship passes on the screen, mighty bass!
ice age 1 and 2, always some bassy moments in the beginnings...

powerlord
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
OK here's the verdict! Pictures falling off the walls,my sinuses clearing,inner ear ache,impact shock,I ran this on Godzilla,King Kong, T2, and Doom.I'm going to give it a rating of 10 for the raw explosive deep thunder this thing can put out.My wife hates it,so naturally I'll never let it go! Thanks Gmichael for the heads up,I've never heard bass till this baby! Worth 3 times the money!

emorphien
12-27-2006, 11:13 AM
My family got a new sub as well! Too bad I won't hear it before I leave. Tis the Martin Logan Depth. Part of the whole new system, half of which is sitting in the basement now.

GMichael
12-27-2006, 11:31 AM
OK here's the verdict! Pictures falling off the walls,my sinuses clearing,inner ear ache,impact shock,I ran this on Godzilla,King Kong, T2, and Doom.I'm going to give it a rating of 10 for the raw explosive deep thunder this thing can put out.My wife hates it,so naturally I'll never let it go! Thanks Gmichael for the heads up,I've never heard bass till this baby! Worth 3 times the money!

Glad you're liking it.
The only problem I have with mine is that I have to make sure that there are no dirty dishes in the sink while it's in use. The plates make one heck of a racket when I forget.

thekid
12-27-2006, 12:36 PM
What?? No pictures of the proud daddy with his new offspring????

Congratulations!! It sounds like a sub that those leaving near a fault line should steer clear of... :)

powerlord
12-27-2006, 02:18 PM
I will be posting pics as soon as I get my Digital camera of my whole setup.And it's hard to believe that bass like this comes so cheap! I just might buy another at this price just to have two! But seriously,this could fill up a way much larger room than I have like two or 3 times as large.

GMichael
12-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I will be posting pics as soon as I get my Digital camera of my whole setup.And it's hard to believe that bass like this comes so cheap! I just might buy another at this price just to have two! But seriously,this could fill up a way much larger room than I have like two or 3 times as large.

I got mine because the Infinity was maxed out to fill our 26x28 foot room. The Titanic is set at below half volume, so it could do a lot more than what I'm using it for.
The Infinity is much happier in our bedroom now.

Wireworm5
12-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I read somewhere that a good test for how good your sub is 'Saving Private Ryan'. In the tank scenes near the end of the movie. it should feel like the floor is shaking with no directional cues as to where your sub is. Not that the movies you have aren't bass shakers, just if you want to know for sure.:)

powerlord
12-27-2006, 06:26 PM
This sub is so clean with no breakup at mid volume,there is so much headroom,when Godzilla stomped through New York every step was felt,and when King Kong was fighting the T Rex's whoa!! I couldn't be more happy with this choice,everyone should listen to one of these!