Is it more advantageous to... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is it more advantageous to...

DeNoN_MaN
11-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Run a long component video cable?

OR

Run a long optical/coax (which one) audio cable?

Will either make a huge difference in quality? (in practice)

This will affect whether I place my DVD Player near my projector or near my audio system.

Thanks

~DeNoN_MaN

woodman
11-19-2003, 01:03 PM
I'd be happy to answer your question(s) if I thought that there was any chance that you'd actually follow my advice. So far, I've given you some advice on several occasions ... you then thank me for my help, and proceed to go off in another direction entirely. It gets a bit tiresome.

DeNoN_MaN
11-19-2003, 01:23 PM
First of all - advice is just advice. Meaning, it's one's opinions.

Yes, I like to thank people for their time, it's courteous.

If you don't want to give me advice, that's fine, I'm sure somebody else can give me equally good advice.

You've worked in the TV industry for many years (30 or something?) and I value your advice - I just like to explore my options.

~DeNoN_MaN

AVMASTER
11-19-2003, 04:02 PM
there's several factors missing to answer correctly ( where is the projector-table top, ceiling mount, pop-up, etc.. distance from audio gear, do you switch video sources thru receiver, connections on projector, etc...
short answer- keep video as clean as possible- dvd player near projector with highest output availabe- run long digital coax for audio( cheaper than a good toslink in long runs)