Monster Cable M1000i interconnects [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cable M1000i interconnects

blackraven
12-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I thought I would give a review of the Monster Cable M1000i interconnect analog cables.
I purchased these and a pair of the M950i cables on the net. Both cables are supposed to give nice deep bass compared to the average cable and they do as claimed. But here's the catch. High frequency treble is muted especially with the M1000i's. I thought it was just me, but my whole family can tell the difference in the sound. Right now I'm using the M950i's because they do not have as much high frequency roll off as the 1000's. I'll probably give Cobalt cable a try or the Audio Quest interconnects that are coming with my new Music Hall 25.2 CDP.

Does any one else have a similar experience with these monster cables? I also purchased a pair of Z4 monster cable speaker cables and havent been impressed with these either. There was no improvement in sound compared to 12gauge monster cable XP. I'm begining to believe that sound quality is inversely proportional to the cost of audio cables.

musicoverall
12-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Years ago, I moved my Monster M1000 mk II interconnects to my cassette deck and noticed a lessening of tape hiss.

At the time, I had upgraded my CDP cable from this to Audioquest Quartz and the improvement was very worthwhile. I've since upgraded the Audioquest but the Monster is still hooked to my tape deck for the rare occasions that I use it.

blackraven
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
I can see the monster cable decreasing the tape hiss. I think this goes along with it rolling off high frequency. I could see using these cables in a situation where your speakers are too bright or if you would like deeper base. I'm very disappointed in their sound for my system. I'm lucky I only paid $35 on ebay for them. I might be willing to sell them if any one is interested.

hugh9269
01-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I am planning to upgrade my CD player RCA connects, the Monster M1000i are a bit out of budget... I have used some of lower line Monster connectors and Audioquest for speaker wire What to you guys think of the following?

Audioquest Copperhead Audio Interconnect Cable
Tara Labs Spectrum 2a Audio Cable
Vs The Monster M950i and Monster Cable M850i??

I am using the Monster I250 right now...

Thanks!

Smokey
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I purchased these and a pair of the M950i cables on the net. Both cables are supposed to give nice deep bass compared to the average cable and they do as claimed.

You really want to stay from cables that claim to improve bass, mid or highs. Transparency (no cable signature) should be the goal in cables.

After that lecture :D, you might want to look at Bluejeanscables.com for quality ICs. For Monster cables, half of price you pay for their cables is for advertisement expenses.

musicman1999
01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
If Monster doubled the quality and cut their prices in half then it would be about right.Only tried a couple but they were bad.

bill

Dusty Chalk
01-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't believe in Monsters.

And Smokey, he did say "...compared to the average cable..."

blackraven
01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't recommend the monster cables as well. I purchased them on ebay for about $35 each for the m950's and m1000 and they suck. They did give better bass but rolled off on the high frequency. I'm using audio quest cables now.