Tuner and surround channels [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tuner and surround channels

powerlord
12-23-2006, 11:37 AM
OK I just noticed something after playing around with the system I just hooked up,I have my two main towers hooked up to the LF RF of my surround channels and so on with the rest of my speakers,and I just turned on my tuner for some FM radio and the only thing I get is Bass,is this because the only music I can listen to from these channels is from a digital signal? And if so is there a way around this?

Smokey
12-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I just turned on my tuner for some FM radio and the only thing I get is Bass,is this because the only music I can listen to from these channels is from a digital signal?

Well, not necessary as digital signal might only be two channel.

You probably could activate surround channels by engaging Dolby Surround (Pro logic I&II) mode.

powerlord
12-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I've tried it in every setting,no tuner.I hook the towers up to the Main L and R terminals and I get stereo from my tuner.Not that I listen to my tuner much,but I'd like everything to work right.I don't get it.If I just left the towers hooked up to the mains when I went to theater settings the main would be left out,right? I have Main fronts and surround fronts,hmmmmm.

powerlord
12-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Problem solved! There is a button called a signal select,in my total noobedness I overlooked this simple setting!