Merry Christmas Everyone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Everyone

Hyfi
12-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I hope all you old timers and all the new people here have a great Holiday.

Keep the rubber down,

Keep your stick on the ice,

Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice!

Hyfi

PS- What music is Santa bringing?

I am hoping for The Lord Of The Rings Box set DVDs this time around.

Slosh
12-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Who ya calling old?!? I ought to play Senile Animal (Melvins' new one) just for some synergy, or something. :confused:

I never ask for music because if there's something I want chances are I already have it. I haven't the will power to stave off new music purchases.

NFL on Christmas is a very good idea. Only have to listen to the femmes in my family drone on about minutia while the games are on, and they tend to congregate to another room after not very much time. :) Of course my inlaws/cousins/nephews/brothers/uncles' complete lack of football knowledge will require some alcohol to let pass by without pointing out how idiotic their coaching ideas are!

Jim Clark
12-23-2006, 12:02 PM
talked to my younger brother and he's bringing me 2 entire boxes of vinyl when we have our get together Sunday evening. Some of it is mine that he just kinda took at one point or the other but a lot of it was his that he just doesn't listen to anymore. Lotsa good stuff like Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Micronotz and I"m pretty sure all of my old Kiss albums.

Giving my oldest son a TT for his birthday, which coincidentally is also Christmas Eve so we'll have a good time cleaning up old vinyl and rocking out.

Been a blast as always. Happy Holiday's to all my RR buds.

jc

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2006, 12:17 PM
The only music that I asked for this year was a Toots and the Maytals collection. Like Slosh, I don't have the will power to stop purchasing music. Besides, my husband's family wouldn't know where to buy music that's not top 40 anyway. I just suggested gift certificates for HMV if they're stuck on what to get me.

Happy Holidays to all of my RR friends. Thanks for all the great recs and downloads this year. :thumbsup:

Also, I know that there are a lot of December birthdays around here, so Happy B-Day to Hyfi and Davey and to the others that I know are in December but can't remember exactly who. :confused5: :D

BarryL
12-23-2006, 02:08 PM
I am hoping for The Lord Of The Rings Box set DVDs this time around.

If you've been naughty, you might wind up with Wagner's The Ring. I'm not sure which is longer, The Ring at about 18 hours, or TLOTR trilogy!

Everybody is afraid to buy me music at Christmas, so I have to buy my own and have my wife distribute it to people who want to go down the route. Then I have the problem of making sure my wife collects the money I spent, and that I get it back!

But it's the thought that counts...hmmmm?

Happy holidays.

basite
12-24-2006, 02:03 AM
well merry christmas to you all too,

i think santa is going to bring me a nice cd player, and a nice cartridge...

tentoze
12-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Love, Peace, and Happiness to all. And twangy music. Lots of it.

Swish
12-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Not looking for any music, because outside of my wife, our daughter and her husband, the rest of my family is clueless about what I like. I would rather just buy my own stuff or wait for my fellow indy-loving rave rec'ers to send me some. :ihih:

Hosting a Christms Eve party tonight with lots of food and beverage, then will attend the usual family gathering of about 45 or so tomorrow at noon. Could be a few more than that actually, but it's one big crowd and lots of fun.

Got some Fuller's London Pride (I love British Ale!), Blue Moon, Stoudt's American Pale Ale, and some Corona Light for the ladies. I know I'll be mixing a few nice martinis too, although I stay with the basic stuff myself. None of those chocolate things or sugary types.

Best wishes for a great holiday,
Swish

basite
12-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Not looking for any music, because outside of my wife, our daughter and her husband, the rest of my family is clueless about what I like. I would rather just buy my own stuff or wait for my fellow indy-loving rave rec'ers to send me some. :ihih:

kindof the same problem here, only dad knows what music i want, a little, my nephew knows a little about the genre of music i like, but not really much, the rest of the family doesn't really care about music that is not in somekind of a top-whatever pop songs...

really annoying.

but i do get gift cheques for music shops...

Keep them spinning,
Basite.

Davey
12-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I hope all you old timers ....
Same to you and everyone else ... Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays (or whatever)

And the rumour spread that I was aging fast
Then I ran across a monster who was sleeping, by a tree
And I looked and frowned and the monster was me

bobsticks
12-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Prep is done for this evenings festivities and I'm just kicking back enjoying some tunes. Like others I prefer to buy my own music and really don't expect anyone to keep up with what I already own anyway.
I'm pretty pleased with the gifts I found for others this year so I am a little more into the spirit of giving this time around.
Hoping and planning on being naughty tonight...

Peace

np: "Chris Mills is Living The Dream"

audiobill
12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
To all of my RR buds... may you have a Christmas that rocks and a New Year that brings happiness and health.

Just preparing to indulge in some seafood and champagne with my family.

Peace out,

Bill

Hyfi
12-25-2006, 12:27 PM
As usual, my wife surprised me this year with a set of my favs from the past. At the bottom of my stocking were 2 CDs. Since I didn't really ask for or anticipate any tunes this Xmas, I had no clue. The first one I opened was BrandX- Livestock. Everyone there didn't quite get the exitement besides my wife. Now the second disk loses its paper and it's Unorthodox Behaviour. Looking forward to a good spin of these two with some Holiday Cheer.

I did get TLOTR Extended Set for my birthday so I'm a doubly happy camper.

Now time for some Rasberry Lambic and high hopes for the Eagles.

Peace

Hyfi
12-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Got some Fuller's London Pride (I love British Ale!),

Interestingly enough, a bunch of us at work do a Beer Swap each year. Usually, it was handled by a few guys and you got whatever they picked. This year they broke us into teams responsible for two cases worth around $75-$80. That went over great as many of the bosses went way over the range. My pick was Dead Guy Ale while my parners was Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. Lots of interesting picks included Yard's Spruce Ale, Bezelbuth from France wieghing in at a hefty 13%, Nocturnum Noel, and many more. Since our company merged with a British company a few years ago, we have lots of chappies on board. One of the Brithish bosses threw in both cases himself and included the London Pride and another real yummy one from England called Fiddlers Elbow. As the Fullers is about the average of what you can get in an English Pub, the Fiddlers was better than any beer I had while in Chippenham UK in September. We stayed right next to the Fullers Four Seasons Pub and sampled a few pints.

Hope your party went off great.

Hyfi

JDaniel
12-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all you RaveReccers.

I didn't ask for any muzak this year for Christmas, but Mrs. JD surprised me with BB King - Live at the Regal on 180 gram vinyl, a live show from Nov. 1964.

I hope everyone has a great holiday, and an even better 2007.

JD

Dave_G
12-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Happy holidays, all. I prefer to give, too. Details:

I gave 1 of my sisters Yes Symphonic dvd.

I gave my other sister Peter Gabriel - Growing Up dvd.

My 13 year old received a video Ipod.

My little one got Power Rangers dvd and cd and video game.

My sweetie blessed me with MFSL sealed pressing of Murmur (REM) , #4327, on vinyl.

I hope each and every one of you have a great holiday season and enjoy your toons.

Dave